Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder?
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I'm a new member, so I apologize in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I saw this posting on Boulder Craigslist that is just screaming "STOLEN BIKE!" So I'm wondering if any of you, or maybe someone you know, has had a Quintana Roo Kilo go missing, and might be able to use this information.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/...bike/6741012635.html

Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [charlietuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an entry level bike that is probably about 15 years old. $350 doesn't sound like a steal. Probably a fair price.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signal8 wrote:
It's an entry level bike that is probably about 15 years old. $350 doesn't sound like a steal. Probably a fair price.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a valuation - I believe that the bike is stolen (there are no details on the post, the poster seems to erroneously believe that the brand of the bike is "Eroo").
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You JUST signed up to Slowtwitch TODAY to post this "possibly stolen $350 bike"??? Smells "fishy" to me.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boilerup wrote:
You JUST signed up to Slowtwitch TODAY to post this "possibly stolen $350 bike"??? Smells "fishy" to me.

That is in fact exactly what I did. I have perused your forums from time to time, and I have definitely seen the "sleuthing" powers of Slowtwitch, and it is a triathlon community, and this is a triathlon bike, so I thought this community might know something. What scam in the world could I possibly be running here?

At any rate, sorry to bother you, I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking everywhere for a Trek eroo hybrid!
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
I've been looking everywhere for a Trek eroo hybrid!

Right? The shoddiness of the post is largely what made me suspicious of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
charlietuna wrote:
boilerup wrote:

. What scam in the world could I possibly be running here?

Haven't you heard of the ol' chestnut that goes something like "steal a 10 year old bike, make up an incorrect name for it, post it for sale on craigslist, create a new account on Slowtwitch, post about the stolen bike ad, and then distract people with the incorrect name" play? Bike thieves have been using it forever. You're a bike thief. AND NOW YOU'VE BEEN SLOWTWITCHED!
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
charlietuna wrote:
boilerup wrote:

Haven't you heard of the ol' chestnut that goes something like "steal a 10 year old bike, make up an incorrect name for it, post it for sale on craigslist, create a new account on Slowtwitch, post about the stolen bike ad, and then distract people with the incorrect name" play? Bike thieves have been using it forever. You're a bike thief. AND NOW YOU'VE BEEN SLOWTWITCHED!

Thank you for summarizing it so succinctly!

And I'm frankly honored that it only took me until my 2nd day as a member to get slowtwitched! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait - are you part of that crime ring that's had the whole Boulder PD running in circles the last few months with your clever "hide in plain sight" tactics? The guys they're calling "the eRoo Boys" at the squadhouse?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:

And lower your seat post while you're at it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He just has fish on the mind. Notice the inappropriately placed quotation marks? Someone needs an order of fish and chips, STAT!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
Wait - are you part of that crime ring that's had the whole Boulder PD running in circles the last few months with your clever "hide in plain sight" tactics? The guys they're calling "the eRoo Boys" at the squadhouse?

Buddy, I'm not just part of it - I'm the ringleader.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afternoon,

Are you trying to use this first post to become some sort of nanoinfluencer? Does being a ringleader make you a small business owner? And what about robbers?
Last edited by: brando: Nov 16, 18 15:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slam motherfucking dunk!!!

davetallo wrote:
charlietuna wrote:
boilerup wrote:

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
charlietuna wrote:
davetallo wrote:

Buddy, I'm not just part of it - I'm the ringleader.

by the way... welcome! i'm glad you're here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say if it is stolen the owner would most likely be relieved. Plus that is virtually unsellable. He’d be lucky to get $150 for it. Once you take into cosideration the time he spent stealing it, cleaning it up, advertising it, petrol for journey to and from crime scene etc he’d be lucky to break even. It might be pertinent to let sleeping dogs lie, owner loses his shit bike, thief learns that crime doesn’t pay...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update? Thanks -
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Quintana Roo in Boulder? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

by the way... welcome! i'm glad you're here.

Thanks! I'm glad to be here.
Quote Reply