Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stiffest Frameset??
Quote | Reply
Hey....

So I was on the trainer on my TiPhoon and the flex was amazing! I'm 6'3" 220 (darn winter weight) and I'm on a 59cm. I am wondering if the TiPhoon is considered a stiff bike or not? Or not a good choice for clydesdales because of flex?

Thanks!

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: Stiffest Frameset?? [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EVERY bike flexes on the trainer. Even super stiff road bikes like a R3 or a Soloist Carbon will flex on a trainer.

Don't worry, your TiPhoon is plenty stiff.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I trainer ain't like riding on the road.
most bikes look flexey on a trainer.

Thom

you have a nice bike.

Slowtwitch bitchist place on planet earth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you really tell the difference between the flex of the frame and the pieces of the trainer where your rear triangle attaches to??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found most bike flex quite a bit on the trainer. I have found a lot of variation though, but I would have thought the typhoon would be pretty good. My ghisallo flexes quite a bit, but seems OK on the road. I have recently bought a look 486, which is amaizingly stiff (particularly on the trainer). If it feels responsive on the road - no problem!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree - funny since I just hopped off the trainer (Troy Jacobson kicking my arse again) and was watching a little flex on my Guru, especially with the big gear one leg drills. Remember, Ti will flex a little more than a stiff carbon bike too (hence the nice ride). I doubt you would ever notice it on the road (even with 59cm frame and 220 lbs.) Tiphoon is a great bike.