Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stem with integrated (brake) cable routing
Quote | Reply
I tried to google and also search this forum but don´t find stems with internal cable routing. What I am looking for is a standard stem that routes the cables (eTap as well as rear-brake) directly from the basebar to the back of the stem. A center cable-stop for the TriRig front-brake would be another bonus...

PD Aeria Ultimate stem is design-wise perfect but too heavy for my taste (especially as it is unlikely I will make use of the matching hydration).

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Stem with integrated (brake) cable routing [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Urm, Tri Rig Sigma?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Stem with integrated (brake) cable routing [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
Urm, Tri Rig Sigma?

Yes and No, with "a standard stem that routes the cables (eTap as well as rear-brake) directly from the basebar" I mean to route via a small hole in the back of the clamping-area of the basebar right into the stem. I have that little hole in the basebar, so I could get the cables into the stem... what I am missing is to get them out of the stem near the top-cap. I still hope that kind of stems exist...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Pro Vibe stem?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a road bike? Or TT bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Stem with integrated (brake) cable routing [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
For a road bike? Or TT bike?

TT-Bike. Rear-Brake cable enters the top-tube behind the stem, electronic cabling is eTap (so I guess it´ll end up in some sort of top-tube storage box).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's also the Felt Dagger Stem. I use that, but with a base bar off a Felt IA FRD, so the bar attachment isn't round. my brake cables and Etap wires come out the back of the stem and into the frame/bento box.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Enve TT stem/bar combo is pretty bad ass, hides everything.
Quote Reply