Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stem question.
Quote | Reply
Is the Look Ergo stem worth the extra wieght if it allows me to get lower in the front?

Do the dimples in Zipps wheels make you faster?

What's up with Peter Ried's sucky position?

Just keeping it real.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question. [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does running a lot really make me faster?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an Ergostem for some experimentation a while back. I live in an area with lots of what we call "Carolina Pave" (tar and gravel, aka chip and seal). I went far beyond the prescribed torque recommendations on the two pivots and I'd still come home with my aerobars pointing at my front hub. Glad I got it from my LBS. They bought it back from me.

As for the dimples, I can't tell you if they make Zipps faster, but they sure made Shirley Temple cuter.

And as for Peter, he could kick my ass any day ... so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Just keeping it surreal. ;-)

Bob C.

Here come those crazy thoughts again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, but there are better adjustable stems.

Yes, but not a lot. But some is better than none.

Peter's position is pretty good.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs...dont tell them that we have a sectret thing in PM's...keep it real here buddy, keep it real....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keeping our secert is keeping it real so to stay real i will keep our secert for real.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? That is really nice...I really mean it. For real.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Maybe. John Cobb may have put it best when he said, "Never sacrifice one watt of power output for one gram of drag savings." I believe in what Cobb is saying, and feel a position- especially for guys like you and I (recreational athletes) should be built around (in this order): 1. Comfort; 2. Power Output; 3. Aerodynamics. Note that I consider bike handling a component of #1. Getting lower isn't necessarily the answer to getting faster....

2. I don't know. They may, and it is unlikely they make the wheel any slower. Be that as it may, the wheels were very fast before the dimples, and the dimples- let's assume for one moment they are only marketing (I don't know that to be the case)- do seem to be something consumers recognize as significant. The dimples may be faster. As Slowman has said (about something else), there may not be a way to test for this.

3. It makes me laugh when people post photos of a pro's position and suggest something like, "See... see... The pros are doing it.... that makes it right. That makes it the best! That is the way! The pros are doing it! See...!" I consistently see as many problems with the pros positions as I do with the AG'ers, sometimes more. The bigger problem with the pros is that, since they are The Pros, no one can tell them anything. so they go on riding their bad positions with very basic positional and fit errors that most posters on this forum could spot. What's up with Peter Reid's position? Why nothing..... After all: He's a Pro... It must be right! Right?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Stem question. [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just keeping it real.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy,
You can get just about as low for a lot less $$$ and less weight with a Ritchey (or Nashbar) adjustable stem.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question. [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<You can get just about as low for a lot less $$$ and less weight with a Ritchey (or Nashbar) adjustable stem.>>

I thought more weight was good...you know...the flywheel effect. Besides, if it's cheaper...doesn't that mean it's not as good?
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question. [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are CORRECT on both counts.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree with Tom. I used to try to get really low. I found that if I'm higher, but comfortable, I got faster.

I love you and your big, fat, shiny head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply