Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike)
Quote | Reply
Pretty solid race all around for the guy who was badly injured a few years ago. 1:18 was a solid run. He now has just around 3000 KPR points, so I assume he should be able to get enought to get to Kona. He could make the Kona front bike pack very interesting, if Wurf, Kienle, Sanders and Frodo all ride together with Starky to put space on Gomez and Lange!!!

It looks like Starky was really close to being able to pull out the win in Galveston today! In addition to Kanute who raced from the front at 70.3 World's but had to race catch up here, Michael Weiss put in a 1:11 run to pass Starky too. Does anyone know how long Starky and Kanute rode together....or was it just a one shot pass?
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I saw them out near the turnaround Ben was about 30-40 seconds ahead. That would have been at about km 48 for them. It appears that it was a one shot pass.

Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great day for Andrew - and I think this was a warm up for IM TX in two weeks -- sweet...

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Pretty solid race all around for the guy who was badly injured a few years ago. 1:18 was a solid run. He now has just around 3000 KPR points, so I assume he should be able to get enought to get to Kona. He could make the Kona front bike pack very interesting, if Wurf, Kienle, Sanders and Frodo all ride together with Starky to put space on Gomez and Lange!!!

It looks like Starky was really close to being able to pull out the win in Galveston today! In addition to Kanute who raced from the front at 70.3 World's but had to race catch up here, Michael Weiss put in a 1:11 run to pass Starky too. Does anyone know how long Starky and Kanute rode together....or was it just a one shot pass?

Starky seems to have solid runs quite frequently in the 117-118 range. While I have seen better off a solid bike I can imagine he put in a surge to catch and pass Kanute and that sapped the legs a bit. Speaking of which, I wonder if Frodeno puts in a call to Kanute and gets him to move up the Ironman distance. Kanute is over 3000 as well. Frodeno could use a solid swimmer/biker to put distance between on him and the rest of the field.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Starky seems to have solid runs quite frequently in the 117-118 range. While I have seen better off a solid bike I can imagine he put in a surge to catch and pass Kanute and that sapped the legs a bit. Speaking of which, I wonder if Frodeno puts in a call to Kanute and gets him to move up the Ironman distance. Kanute is over 3000 as well. Frodeno could use a solid swimmer/biker to put distance between on him and the rest of the field.

Josh Amberger is going to get even madder at you now...way to go TG! haha
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

BK has a decent shot at an Olympic medal. No way he is switching now....

(settle down folks: in the relay!)
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Josh Amberger is going to get even madder at you now...way to go TG! haha

As soon as I posted that I thought of that. It will be interesting to see if those three can link up. I know Josh exited solo last but I don't know how much of that was Frodo just being smart and understanding that the effort wasn't worth it. Maybe he couldn't go. Maybe it was just an off day in general. Maybe he never expected Lionel, Sebi, and Cam to link up like that. Regardless I would love to see a group off the front like Josh, Frodo and Ben. Starky in the next group. With Lionel, Sanders, and Sebi coming from behind.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic race for Starky. Really believe it's setting things up really well for him at IM Texas. I see him in the podium for sure. It's going to be interesting how much he can put on Hanson in the bike as we all know Matt can run in the 2:40s. Gonna be a fantastic race.
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alfredo wrote:
Fantastic race for Starky. Really believe it's setting things up really well for him at IM Texas. I see him in the podium for sure. It's going to be interesting how much he can put on Hanson in the bike as we all know Matt can run in the 2:40s. Gonna be a fantastic race.

It will be interesting to see how much Starky puts on the field at IM Texas during the bike leg! I'm getting into following all the early season fireworks that can impact the Kona race dynamics depends on who qualifies and where they fit into the race dynamic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's more impressive is that he weighs 185lbs+. How does a guy his size run a 1:18 in a half ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
What's more impressive is that he weighs 185lbs+. How does a guy his size run a 1:18 in a half ironman.

Cause 1:18 for a half Ironman isn’t that fast for a pro. He has a huge engine which makes up for the weight but it still isn’t in the same ballpark as the faster running pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t see A. Brownlee’s name in here, did I miss something?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
I don’t see A. Brownlee’s name in here, did I miss something?

?? He was racing at the Commonwealth Games
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw he did not have great race, but never heard his Ironman quest had stopped

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because it hasn't? He has never said he was doing Kona 2018, just 70.3 worlds. Maybe Kona next year, and judging by his results I would say that is starting to look more likely than Tokyo.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Can you imagine a bike pack of Starky, Wurf, Kienle, Sanders working together. Fireworks indeed. Am I missing anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An Olympic Medal at Tokyo? Are you serious?

ajthomas wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

BK has a decent shot at an Olympic medal. No way he is switching now....

(settle down folks: in the relay!)

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Can you imagine a bike pack of Starky, Wurf, Kienle, Sanders working together. Fireworks indeed. Am I missing anyone? //

Just Howard, Zack, Hellerigal, Stadler, Leito, Vanhocnakeer, and Steve Larsen...Just imagine that lineup all together in one race..(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alfredo wrote:
Totally agree. Can you imagine a bike pack of Starky, Wurf, Kienle, Sanders working together. Fireworks indeed. Am I missing anyone?
Luke McKenzie if he is there and in form. He was frothing after watching last years race.
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree Shambolic. Maybe Bocherer and Joe Skipper too?
Quote Reply
Re: Starky Just ran 1:18 at Galveston (after a 2:00 bike) [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, why not. Gold seems possible even.
Quote Reply