Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stans vs orange seal
Quote | Reply
Putting some sealant in my tubes. Went with Orange seal last year and had one puncture. It didn't work, but in the defense of OS it was about 3 months old at the time. Thinking of if I have to keep refilling that often switching to Stans.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Stans vs orange seal [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use TruckerCo sealant... seems to be very similar to Stans... latex with bit of rubber for sealing. Never had an incident with my road/tt bikes but had it's opprotunity on my 29'er... it works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-liter-TruckerCo-Cream-High-Performance-latex-tubeless-tire-sealant-bike-quart/260964032223?hash=item3cc2ab1edf:g:bQMAAOxy3NBSivPA

Quote Reply
Re: Stans vs orange seal [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I use TruckerCo sealant... seems to be very similar to Stans... latex with bit of rubber for sealing. Never had an incident with my road/tt bikes but had it's opprotunity on my 29'er... it works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-liter-TruckerCo-Cream-High-Performance-latex-tubeless-tire-sealant-bike-quart/260964032223?hash=item3cc2ab1edf:g:bQMAAOxy3NBSivPA

Do you run it in tubes with removable valve cores?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
finishline just came out with a sealant that never dries out (their claim). I'm using that now, but can't attest to how effective it is yet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
xeon wrote:

Do you run it in tubes with removable valve cores?

On my TT bike... yes with latex tubes.

My road bike and mountain bike are tubeless... with removable valve cores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both have multiple formulae which seem to be a bit different. OS Endurance stays liquid longer, but is less effective at stopping. Stan's has the new(?) "Race" sealant, which is more expensive but has 2x the particulate.

Overall, I prefer original OS as the best all around sealant. BUT, I do find that Stan's is better for mounting tires for the exact same reason it's less good for sealing - it's thinner. Stan's will work its way into smaller nooks and crannies.

The preferred CX recipe for a long time was Stans+Slime *AUTOMOTIVE*. The idea was to get the bigger particle size of Slime Auto with the flow of Stan's. I ran this combo for a long time in my latex tubes but never had occasion, thankfully, to test it. I eventually switched to Stan's only, which was insufficient at 90psi+. Then I switched to Orange Seal only, which is very workable at 90psi+ and saved me having to change tubes a number of times in training. Never had a chance to test it on race day.

But currently I'd say I think a blend of OS *and* Stan's seems ideal. Or, more specifically, mount tires with Stan's and then add OS to seal punctures.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply