Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Squeaking Vison bars on P3SL...
Quote | Reply
Before my "accident" in last Sunday's OLY, the vision bars (base & clip-ons) on my P3SL were as quiet as you could wish for. However, after nearly going arse over tea-kettle--thankfully that pricker bush was there to sop me :o --they are squeaking like all hell. I checked all the bolts and they are good and tight and they don't seem to be cracked.

Any idea what could be causing this and a remedy?

Thanks,

Rob
Last edited by: MountainBreeze: Sep 1, 05 17:01
Quote Reply
Re: Squeaking Vison bars on P3SL... [MountainBreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
douse your bike heavily with WD-40 or GT-85 or similar and pay particular attention to the troubled areas, clean it up and if it creaks again then take it to your bike shop and have it inspected for cracks.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of spacers do you have on the headset? Carbon or aluminum?
Quote Reply
Re: Squeaking Vison bars on P3SL... [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What kind of spacers do you have on the headset? Carbon or aluminum?
Alumn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I can't believe I missed this but there is a bolt on the adjustable stem the guy that did my fit (Paul Fabish) put on--just until I can get my flexibility to the point where I can stay aero with my old stem--that I didn't tighten. I mean, I hit every other bolt on the front end sans that friggin' one. What an IDIOT! In any event, he got a couple turns out of it--it must have loosened up when I did the wheel-stand at Cranberry--and that fixed the squeaking! :)

Man... What a dumb ass I am!

Thanks for your replies though--I appreciate it!

Rob
Quote Reply