Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spotify retires the running feature...suggestions for song choice using bpm?
Quote | Reply
I've been training using the Spotify running feature that allowed you to choose a steps per minute and it would curate songs at that rate. As of the end of February, it has been retired without notice (or at least, I didn't know until it was gone). With less than two weeks until my marathon, does anyone have any good suggestions on where to find playlists with bpm/spm I can look through and pull together something?

And for those that don't believe you should run with music...blah blah blah...there are plenty of other threads. This is a last minute change to my routine and we all know how important that is in training. I really need some help here.

Thank you all in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Spotify retires the running feature...suggestions for song choice using bpm? [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try fitradio app
http://www.fitradio.com
It’s curated dj workout music. Updated regularly. Can choose bpm. Can set intervals. They have some coaching and running stuff but not tried that yet. And a free trial of course.
It’s great value - I think for premium I paid c$35 for annual acesss.
I have no affiliation with them and only stumbled across it a few months back.
I use it on the turbo trainer - for instances I set it to hit some intervals whilst climbing the Angrilu on http://www.fulgaz.com tonight.
G
Quote Reply
Re: Spotify retires the running feature...suggestions for song choice using bpm? [Gmehje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool - thanks. I've downloaded it now and playing with it. Doesn't appear to have anything faster than 170 bpm and my tempo is 190. I've only spent a couple minutes on it though so it might be there. There's a Groupon for $18 annual premium access that expires today so if I can find I can do 190, I'm in. There's a pace matching feature but I'm done for the day so I don't have anything left in the tank to go out and test to see if it'll do 190
Quote Reply
Re: Spotify retires the running feature...suggestions for song choice using bpm? [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even cheaper if you use the coupon which expires today (EXTRA20). I'm not a fan of the running/workout play lists on spotify. I just signed up to give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Spotify retires the running feature...suggestions for song choice using bpm? [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Even cheaper if you use the coupon which expires today (EXTRA20). I'm not a fan of the running/workout play lists on spotify. I just signed up to give it a try.
I'm not a fan of the Spotify playlists either but the old running feature was amazing and now missed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super. I should of looked for a coupon before I signed up!
Quote Reply