Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend?
Quote | Reply
I know that crossover sports-work-casual wear is less a mens clothing domain than the other gender, but just curious if anyone's found any brands that seem to do sports clothing well and that bring some of their materials and fit to nonsports clothing, like work/casual. I'm interested in upgrading my work/casual wardrobe, and am curious if anyone's found a brand that does this decently well. (I see that Nike and UA does some stuff like this, but haven't tried their nonsports gear myself. Small brands are absolutely welcome!)
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If y'all are talking golf shirts - I really like Puma for their designs, and yes, Under Armour has some good stuff.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
State and Liberty.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the footwear side, Cole Haan (bought by Nike and using their tech). Their zero grand series has shoes with flyknit uppers that are still work-appropriate. So much nicer than encasing my feet in leather.

https://www.colehaan.com/...C27961_E.jpg?sw=1020

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Jun 20, 21 0:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mission Workshop.
Olivers.
Prana.
Lululemon.
Western Rise.
Rhone.
Public Rec.
Voormi.
Arc'teryx/Veilance.
Outlier.
Vuori.
Relwin.
Thru Dark.
Triple Aught Design.
Viktos.
Vollebak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of all of their stuff but Lululemon is solid.
2nd the vote for Arcteryx
The North Face

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've started wearing some Rapha stuff to work (big corporate place with a dress code). Pants and polos. A bit pricey but significantly nicer than my other stuff so seems worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lululemon is the obvious choice. Also mentioned above, i'd say Vuori. They make real nice stuff, I highly recommend them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lululemon
Vuori
I'm not a golfer but Travis Mathew polos are great for work.
Fabletics has a men's line that is decent. If you join the VIP program the prices are very reasonable.
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike sold Cole Haan back in 2012.

They no longer use any Nike technologies. Still nice shoes though.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vuori is the best I've found, love their materials
Ten Thousand is great for basic workout shorts/shirts
Lululemon doubles for casual/work attire

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More 'outdoorsey' and mountain sports/ travel than traditional sport (football, Athletics etc) but can't go wrong with Rohan.
Not the cheapest, but good quality.
I'm still using 2 pairs of casual shorts over 15 years old (must be closing in on 20 years) and still intact.
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind me asking, which items from Vuori do you like? Their polos seem nice as a casual work shirt, but still a bit pricey even with a 20% discount code. I feel like I can get a similar shirt at a banana republic outlet for about $20.

I will second the above recommendation for the Cole Haan Lunar series. Have had many pairs of the Lunar Grands ( now called Original Grand), and after wearing these can not go back to standard dress shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olivers Apparel as mentioned above. The Passage Pants and the Capital Shorts are the BEST I have ever worn. They are a little pricey but by far the best. Thats pretty much all I wear these days now.
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, which items from Vuori do you like? Their polos seem nice as a casual work shirt, but still a bit pricey even with a 20% discount code. I feel like I can get a similar shirt at a banana republic outlet for about $20.

I will second the above recommendation for the Cole Haan Lunar series. Have had many pairs of the Lunar Grands ( now called Original Grand), and after wearing these can not go back to standard dress shoes.

Just googled these Cole Haan shoes and found them on clearance at Men's Wearhouse. Impulse bought two pairs of em -- Original Grand and something called Zerogrand.
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:

All their clothes are great, I happen to really like the Point Shorts and Pants, but those are both more casual, lounge around the house type of clothes.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ministry of Supply
The look is definitely more on the workish side, but all the stuff is made with sport materials, looks good and is very comfortable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arc'teryx gets my vote, lasts forever, great quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually very pleasantly surprised recently with some shorts and polos from Reyn Spooner. Sharp enough looking for casual to light bus casual, but made with breathable, quickdry style "athletic" fabrics.

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FasterTwitch wrote:
Mission Workshop.
Olivers.
Prana.
Lululemon.
Western Rise.
Rhone.
Public Rec.
Voormi.
Arc'teryx/Veilance.
Outlier.
Vuori.
Relwin.
Thru Dark.
Triple Aught Design.
Viktos.
Vollebak.

Thanks … nice list. I am familiar with most but have a few new to check out!

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walter Hagan golf apparel. Dressy shorts and polos that have that stretchy material. Super comfy. Sold at Dicks.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jul 1, 21 5:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hylete is my go-to brand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Theory have a great line of casual wear made from athletic type fabrics if you're looking for clothing that can be worn for business casual.

If you're looking for more casual gear, Vuori has some of the best fabrics I've come across for tees and sweat and the fit is great for my 6' 1" 175lb husband.

They're the two brands I purchase most for my husband and I haven't had any complaints yet!
Quote Reply
Re: Sporty-mens clothing brands you'd recommend? [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who makes an ultra light weight polo with an athletic fit that doesn't smell after a few hours?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prana, Vuori and and some Kuhl stuff

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply

Prev Next