Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone?
Quote | Reply
Since we are in the middle of continuous rain here in SoCal, I started wondering about the Spinervals aero base builders I, II and III. I think they are 16.0, 17.0, 18.0. Has anyone tried these? The descriptions are not very specific.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 16.0 and it is a pretty good. Like the title says, it is a base building ride. Do you have any specific questions? Troy does a good job of keeping your heartrate in check.

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not know but I can tell you in an hour.

K
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly my questions are:

Which of those three or four have people tried?
What did they think of them?
Which one would be the best, if one is going to get just one?
Is there enough difference to justify more than one of the 'Aero Base Builder" seriies

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docfuel,

We have a regular spin group of 15-20 that meet once a week and many times have worked out to

Coach Troy's Aero Base Builder tapes. I believe the other message is correct that it is about a

1 hour straight, non stop spin.

Our local Tri club just had Coach Troy come in and film 2 of his next video's #20 & #21. The first

will have 25 bikers in it and the second will have 100 bikers in it. #21 he says will be the Aero Base

Builder #4. It was a 1 hour non-stop push that left 100 of us in a pool of sweat.

I believe anyone of them will do you well. I personally like the longer spin sessions by Troy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My triclub got together last night to do Aero I (16.0) last night for the first time. Very good video, exactly the type of workout I needed at this point in my early season base building. The sets are not terribly imaginative or ground-breaking (4x5min w/ 1 min rest, 4x4min w/ 45 sec rest, etc), but they're good focused efforts with an emphasis on trying to monitor your heart rate to keep it in zone 2. I'll be doing this video quite a bit for the remainder of the winter - definitely recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [crmartin9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!. Did you try 17.0 or 18.0?

I guess I'll start on 16.

BTW. Performance has most of the Spinervals on sale.
$22-24.

Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [BamaIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"We have a regular spin group of 15-20 that meet once a week and many times have worked out to

Coach Troy's Aero Base Builder tapes. I believe the other message is correct that it is about a

1 hour straight, non stop spin.

Our local Tri club just had Coach Troy come in and film 2 of his next video's #20 & #21. The first

will have 25 bikers in it and the second will have 100 bikers in it. #21 he says will be the Aero Base

Builder #4. It was a 1 hour non-stop push that left 100 of us in a pool of sweat."

So, For future reference, how are 20 and 21 ging to be?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docfuel,

#20 was basically alot of high intensity spinning with the usual :30 to 1 minute rest between those spins and then

toward the end of the filming we did these :30 jump as high as you can. I believe we did 3 sets of these

jumps.

we then had a 2 hour break then

#21 had 100 of us on the floor and we did a steady spin with no rest at all for 1 hour. The 1/3 of the workout

I felt really good, then the middle 1/3 was started to feel my legs slowly fatiguing and the back 1/3 was

hanging on with all that I had. I heard one participant actually had a flat and rode almost the entire hour

on that flat.......too funny.

Probably could have gone longer but on both filmings there was no fans for cooling off. So it did not take long

to feel the body producing some serious heat which lead to alot of sweating. All worth it the effort.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [BamaIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So it did not take long

to feel the body producing some serious heat which lead to alot of sweating
you think that's intentional, for production value?

Not a problem. Yeh, is was hot and I did sweat alot. But was refueling with alot of HEED and really had no problem.

I think it was much worse racing Ironhorse in 1998 and many Muncie races where you are in 90+ degree heat on the

bike and still can not cool off.

But how do you get fans on 100 bikers on the floor ? Plus we were told no fans because of the film crew having

to get in and out of the bikers with cameras.

Great day it was.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the Clydesdale Spinervals tape - we also had no fans AND they reduced our trainer tension to virtually nothing - very frustrating ... not as frustrating as the redos while certain people flubbed their lines !

The one funny thing that only donned on me as we almost started the taping was HEY ... there will be no music ... not that it's good music in Spinervals !

Tri Hard !

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks!. Did you try 17.0 or 18.0?

I just tried out 17.0 for the first time the other night. It is billed as a base building, increasing fat metabolism workout. It was short intervals (ie. 20 x 1 minute w/ 15 second rest) switching around to a bunch of different gear combinations and lasted about 1:20. I am easy to please, but felt it was great DVD esp. this time of year.

The shifting, different hand postitions, getting up out of the saddles that was included in the tape definately made things more interesting and made the time go by quicker.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Re: Spinervals Aero Base builder info anyone? [Amish John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, everyone. If anyone tries any of the others please post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" Thanks!. Did you try 17.0 or 18.0? "

Not yet. Ask me again next week, after I have a chance to unwrap them from the cellophane and pop them in the DVD player...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've never tried any of those but i sure hope they have better music than the others!
Quote Reply