Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speedplay Zero setup Question
Quote | Reply
I've got a question for the bike setup guys out there. I just switched pedals from Look to Speedplay Zeros. The question I have deals with the amount I need to lower my saddle to account for the smaller distance between the pedal spindle and the shoe sole. I simply measured the distances on both setups and subtracted:

Look/Shimano Carbon shoe d = 7/8"

Zero/Shimano Carbon Shoe d = 7/16", therefore

I need to lower my saddle: 14/16"-7/16" = 7/16"

Does this seem consistent with what other people have seen? Also, any other helpful hints on the switch. I've ridden Look for the last 14 yrs, since I started riding in my early teens, and I've never ridden anything else. Thanks...

- Gary Snow
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Zero setup Question [VT-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7/16ths of an inch seems like a lot- No, I just did the metric conversion- That is about right. I think in metric only. Be sure to read the installation instructions for Zeros: do not over torque the mounting bolts, use White Lightening or other thick, wax-based lubricant on the spings. Use Loctitie 242 on the threads of the mounting bolts. Consult the Speedplay website with any installation questins. Mostly, DO read the instructions. Very important.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Zero setup Question [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks..

- Gary Snow
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Zero setup Question [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds about right. According to Speedplay it is 10mm (all the CSC boys made the same change).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply