Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Suit for Road/Crit
Quote | Reply
Who makes what that is aero, cool, has pockets, and isn't $500. Preferably long sleeve, but needs to be cool/breathable.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Suit for Road/Crit [Slowerthanyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau Course suit from a few years ago ticks all of the requirements you listed, except for the long-sleeve. The pockets are floating mesh pockets.

ETA: they still make it (I thought the company had liquidated).
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 2, 21 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowerthanyou wrote:
Who makes what that is aero, cool, has pockets, and isn't $500. Preferably long sleeve, but needs to be cool/breathable.

I have a Castelli San Remo speedsuit (short sleeve) and like it. I've had it for three seasons now and it is still holding up well (obviously don't wear it as much as standard bibs/jersey). They make a long sleeve version that meets your requirements - https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...its/p/452000121P-870
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much every kit manufacturer makes what you desribe. But it's kinda hard to go wrong with Velotec, which is provably aero and has lots of semi-custom options for pockets, etc. They're fine in the heat - breathable, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Suit for Road/Crit [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttusomeone wrote:
Slowerthanyou wrote:

I have a Castelli San Remo speedsuit (short sleeve) and like it. I've had it for three seasons now and it is still holding up well (obviously don't wear it as much as standard bibs/jersey). They make a long sleeve version that meets your requirements - https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...its/p/452000121P-870
That's the body paint, which is a tt suit that I don't believe has pockets. It fits a lot tighter, where the san remo is basically a regular aero bib/jersey but in a 1 piece design. My san remo held up well for 2 years of riding on it probably 2x/week. They changed their design last year and the new san remo is a lot nicer than the old one, which was already very nice. Retail price is outrageous though, I would never pay close to msrp for that. Pactimo makes one I really like as well, with long sleeves, at about half the cost of castelli and similar quality with more options. https://www.pactimo.com/...ariant=1428295286803
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Suit for Road/Crit [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Pretty much every kit manufacturer makes what you desribe. But it's kinda hard to go wrong with Velotec, which is provably aero and has lots of semi-custom options for pockets, etc. They're fine in the heat - breathable, etc.
Yup to Velotec. I only have their tri suit, but all their prices are so good and with the notariety of their Dynamic Speed Suit, it's hard to bet against their aero credentials.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Suit for Road/Crit [Seanburke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good catch. I have the san remo (the short sleeve) and based my comments on it. I included that link because it's long sleeve and the description says it has two pockets. I have no personal experience on whether or not it actually has pockets though.
Quote Reply