Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase
Quote | Reply
What tips/advice can you give me for packing up a 2017 Speed Concept with mechanical into a Trico Ironcase? I've seen videos and read descriptions for electronic, but cant find anything on mechanical.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think it’s much different as the limiter is going to be the front brake cable length.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I don’t think it’s much different as the limiter is going to be the front brake cable length.

I did it with a ca. 2012 model, and as I recall just removed the brake cover and released the wedge.

Mine was Di2, and I do recall having the rear der shift wire pull loose inside the aero bar. Which was kind of a pain to plug back in. I then did it a second time with no issues. I think the trick is to pack it so the front end doesn't move around. I think I wrapped in bubble wrap and taped it to the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
What tips/advice can you give me for packing up a 2017 Speed Concept with mechanical into a Trico Ironcase? I've seen videos and read descriptions for electronic, but cant find anything on mechanical.

Came across this post while searching for "speed concept packing".

Did you ever do this? (or anyone else who may have ...)

If so, curious how it worked out. I'm looking at doing it with my 2016 (Di2), which is different from the previous one I had. Wondering if I'll just be able to remove the 3 bolts under the base bar, then the little side cover, and that's it. And probably releasing the front brake wedge.

Am a little worried about the Di2 wires coming unplugged if it gets stretched too much. (as I noted above, that happened to me on the previous version)
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I fly w my Di2 I unplug all external ports. (Junction A, f/r der, battery). Tho leaves the internals the way they should b. Just tape em down to frame

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept in a Trico Ironcase [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
When I fly w my Di2 I unplug all external ports. (Junction A, f/r der, battery). Tho leaves the internals the way they should b. Just tape em down to frame

Good idea, thanks. My older SC had the junction box buried, and it was a bit of a pain to pull out. This one is exposed, so should be no issue.
Quote Reply