Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Trivent sizing
Quote | Reply
Has anyone purchased a pair of these? How did they compare in fit and size to your current shoe, particularly if you have were using a specialized road shoe?

I bought a pair of Specialized Pro's for the winter months and I was amazed at the fit difference between them and the Sidi tri shoes I had been wearing. I tried on the new Specialized Tri vents thinking that they would be the best of both worlds, fit like my Specialized road shoe with tri shoe characteristics, but I was wrong.

For the same size, my heel would slip in the rear, and if I went down half a size, it seemed too narrow. I was wearing socks since I was trying them on, but I don't know if being barefoot would make a difference. Just looking for any other experiences before I throw down the money.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent sizing [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried them on but with my high arches, every time I put my foot in them I pulled the main strap out of the strap holder. I liked many of the design features but if you have Fred Flinstone feet like mine maybe not the best shoe.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one and it is the exact same size as my other bike shoes. It fits great and snug, but they are a little narrower than usual, which is fine for me but it may not be for you.

And yes, you should try them without your socks.
Last edited by: marcello: Mar 3, 05 7:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same size for road, tri and mountain shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought them and I really like them. I have the Specialized Pro Carbon road shoe as well (which is one reason I wanted to try these). I had to go down a size (can't remember if I went down 1/2 size or 1 full size). The website actually shows that they are sized differently. I don't wear a sock with them, so that may be your trouble.

Anyway, they are a great shoe if they fit. Excellent features. Very well thought out.

Good luck!

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply