Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Trispoke
Quote | Reply

Hi all

Do any of you out there have the Specialized Trispoke wheels? And are the different then the H3?

i have a line on one for $100.

Thanx

Dan…
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trispoke [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hed did do a bit of tweaking on the wheel, but if it is round and in good shape a C-note is a good deal. Some of the older ones I have seen have had a good bit of runout (sideways movement). G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The very old Specialized Trispokes were painted matte black and very heavy. The *newer * old Specialized Trispokes and current H3's are supposedly made using the exact same machinery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The early Specialized were Freewheel (thread-on), not Freehub (cassette), so will not be usable with 8/9/10 speed systems. I've got a later Specialized - carbon weave finish not black paint. It was 7 speed when I got it, but I've converted it to 9 speed by changing axel and adding spacers. Specialized use loose bearings (ball bearings), Hed uses cartridge bearings.

Dupont spent $,$$$,$$$ developing them, but didn't know how to sell them. Sold the design to Specialized, who moved production and lightened the design a bit, and added 650c. Eventually sold them to Hed who lightened them a bit more, changed to cassette bearings, and now have added the all carbon model. Dupont's $,$$$,$$$ in the wind tunnel are still paying off!

I've been very happy with the Specialized. $100 is a good price if the condition is good.
Quote Reply