Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using?
Quote | Reply
And did you also remove the shoe tongue?

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Great question, I want to know that too!!!

2. I don't/can't understand, why lace up is faster than NO LACE at all.
My current setup is in the picture attached...
I thought this is faster than lace up, am I wrong???

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used these… Redriver Elastic No Tie Shoe... https://www.amazon.com/...ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tied a knot in the end of the lace on the inside.

Super comfortable!

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [eemanuele19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eemanuele19 wrote:
I used these… Redriver Elastic No Tie Shoe... https://www.amazon.com/...ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tied a knot in the end of the lace on the inside.

Super comfortable!

Those look perfect, thank you!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xpand - https://a.co/d/0N8WoTk

I’ve got the sworks road 7 shoes and I cut the tongue. I’ve tried the giro as well but there is no way to not cut the tongue on either shoes and be easily able to get into the shoe while riding. So if you do flying mounts or want a fast t1, cut the tongue.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silicone lace covers (used for soccer).

Easy to slide on in T1 and exit before T2, but don't work well for flying mounts.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of off topic, but has anyone made lace up shoes by removing the incumbent boa/velcro strap system? Seems like you could just cut the old stuff off, drill holes for eyelets, and drop in some elastic laces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the sneaker stretchy rubber inidivudally sized segments no need to tie anything off and fairly flat on these dmts. Dmt is almost like a running shoe when on sole is stiff but upper fits "like a gaaalove" doesn't need much tension. The final set of holes I left as tongue already has tension from the next set down, u could use a combo of elastic plus these rubber silicon strap sneak things they are dirt cheap (at least In asia, maybe price of cheap shoelaces)

I don't think a flying mount is going to be easy at all but maybe possible provided a little effort in aligning the fabric tongue, very easy to dismount, I guess could trim the tongue but I'm only planning to use for Ironman where the transition time an extra few sec won't kill me. Then again I had a 9min transition in lahti and 7min in IMNZ doing goodness knows what putting on clothing so I'm probably doomed AF no matter what.
Last edited by: Kipstar: Sep 1, 23 3:37
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Torch or comparable lace up, which elastic laces are you using? [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm no aero expert, but in the ero test video that Jim just released, he hypothesized that maybe the laces create a trip layer (rough up the air) to keep it attached better similar to aero socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro Empire, tongue removed. Just went to a fabric store and bought bulk elastic flat cord off a roll.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply