Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Roubaix Pro as a tri bike?
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on the Specialized Roubaix Pro? Is it possible to set it up as a tri-bike? I need a comfortable frame due to prior back injury and am looking for an alternative to Softride or Titanflex. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Roubaix Pro as a tri bike? [bwoodward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know your exact condition, but I would suggest that you consider a custom built bike. If it fits you like a glove it will be more comfortable. The bike you have mentioned will only deal with vibrations due to those inserts and it is also very strong. Zertz viscoelastic damping is not a comfort guarantee as vibration is a very specific dimension in eliminating discomfort. For vibration issues running with slightly lower tyre pressure will achieve similar results.

The ergonomic concept of comfort is that comfort does not exist. Comfort is the lack of discomfort. To achieve a state of comfort you should identify discomfort factors and remove them.

Pluto

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Roubaix Pro as a tri bike? [bwoodward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am riding the Roubaix and it feels great. BUT it feels great because of his stiffness and lighness, not because of this stupid elastomeres suspension things inside the fork and the frame. The seatpost suspension is working a little bit, but not much. It really depends on your personal fittings and your body weight and hight.

You have to find somebody who really knows how to fit a ordernary race bike like the Roubaix to a TT position. And you have to figure out what to do with this bike. A bike you need for getting fast on 40k ist something different than your 112miles IM TT bike.

I use to give my athletes tipps to their bikes, but I need to see them on the bikes. It is much harder to expain things on this forum (especially for somebody who speaks the language not that good)
Quote Reply