Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speaking of tapers; seeking advice on mine.
Quote | Reply
I have been training for Quassy 70.3 using the Trainer Road plan as well as running and swimming at masters twice a week (all I can do time wise)

I modified the TR plan because it dropped the cycling drastically four weeks out and I felt it was too much plus I have a 138mi ride two weeks after Quassy I want to be in good cycling shape for.

I'm seeking advice on hours, I am three weeks out and last week I did about 13hrs of training as about the same the previous two weeks to that. If I want to try a 10day taper how much of a % reduction in volume should I have in that 10 days? I did a 4hr ride last weekend and pushed way too hard and was shelled for a couple days after. This past Sat I did a 3hr ride, paced it well off RPE and felt awesome. This is why I decided to modify the plan because I seem to recover well and can absorb the training quickly as think a 10 day will work for me.

Any thoughts? Questions that can help clarify anything? Thanks for taking the time.

TG

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of tapers; seeking advice on mine. [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The folks who do performance modeling to find tapers find recommended tapers in the 10 day region often.

That said, let's assume you feel like a 10 day taper would be good for you. In that case a 13 day run taper, 10 day bike taper and 5 day swim taper is probably more like it.

In every case I've looked at, the run taper has always shown as being longer than the bike taper which is longer than the swim.
Quote Reply