Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spare $9,000!?
Quote | Reply
My tastes tend to be more minimalist (read I don't have close to enough money to be able to afford this) but check out the Lance Armstrong site for a truly sweet Tour travel package.

http://www.lancearmstrong.com

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Spare $9,000!? [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
truly? that's a rip off...(I am french, so I know the prices pretty well there...)

fly to Paris: $700 to $800 in summer (with continental for example)
A really nice hotel: got one for june as going back home, at $75 a night including breakfast.
8 nights: $600
Food: in a very good restaurant you would get a really nice meal for $60 (that would be a nice one...)
$120x8 = $920
total: around $2500

then you can even buy a trek in France (even the TT one) and rent a car to see the tour, that wouldn't reach $9000 yet...fly your bike with you: $150 max
rent a car one week: $500 for a very nice one inc. gas.
total: $3150 (a friend is doing the trip to the Alps to follow the tour, I helped him with this and we don't even come close to $3000 all included for one week)

so I guess, you have to add nearly $6000 to meet with the USPS boys...
Quote Reply
Re: Spare $9,000!? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Baxters cycling tours. www.sportingtours.co.uk
They are a fair bit cheaper but the prices are in pounds so do the mathematics. I don't know if you will meet Lance but they have pre season training camps in Spain in Feb & Mar with various ex pro cyclists. Other tours to the Giro etc etc.

Pablo
Quote Reply
Re: Spare $9,000!? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout a "See France with Francois tour"? 1/3 the price of the "meet Lance" tour, and you still get to see the Tour as well as meet someone who (like Lance) can outsprint you without breaking a sweat. ;)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Spare $9,000!? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have obviously never seen me sprint :-)

However, there would be an advantage..."see france, without getting screwed cause you can't speak french tour" :-))
Quote Reply