Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sorry - Another position thread!
Quote | Reply
Hi all, after any hints and tips for my TT/duathalon position...plus helmet advice - (thinking white one looks more aero). I've always struggled to put out power in TT position (like ftp 307 and power of 10 miles on TT bike of about 240!), so this morning I did a bit of playing around with my position.

Did a bit of experimenting with moving the saddle height up and down, just on the trainer and using RPE over 45-60 secs but settled on about 35mm higher than previous. Also reduced the angle of the aero bars a little to raise up the elbow pads, however I could increase the angle back and just move bars up one spacer in the stem.

These videos are in the new position just with two different helmets. Any and all tips much appreciated! Appreciate need some longer rides in this position not just 60 secs on trainer!

Quote Reply
Re: Sorry - Another position thread! [simbad82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm by no means an expert, but to me it looks like your seat is too high. At the bottom of your pedal stroke, your leg looks too straight.

Helmets are tough to guess at, and can be different for different people. If I had to guess, I'd say the white one looks better, but who knows for sure. Interested in doing some Chung testing?
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry - Another position thread! [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle is definitely too high. I would drop it down about 2-3 centimeters. If you can, bring the arm cups in as well.
The Bell works better for you as well. It fills the back of your head whereas the other one has a big gap between your head and back. Only reason to go with the short one is because you are moving your head a lot when riding, which you should not be doing anyways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thrown off by the lines of the video... your camera is oblique to the bike and also your front wheel is lower than your rear?

Move your camera to the center of your bike both horizontally and vertically

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry - Another position thread! [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moved saddle up about 3cm recently since couldn't get any power out before and RPE feels much better in higher position. Moved it up and down in 1cm instalments, getting as high as 5cm from previous position before settling on 3cm higher (whichbis one in video).

Tried to get camera pretty level and central and measured wheels (and raised front wheel) so level (within few mm).

Totally agree Bell helmet looks much better fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took fe different photos from videos with foot at lowest point and angle of hip/knee/ankle on all.pics seem to be in range 145- 152 which fits what is suggested on slowtwitch F.I.S.T. guide (says 145 degrees +/- 8 degrees). I used their guide to gauge the fit - do people recommend this guide? Hip angle also seems inline with the guide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you had decent resistance on your trainer, once you settled in, your seat height was within range, though if those are still the official Slowtwitch ranges, they would now be considered out of line with current normative ranges.

In just a few seconds of riding; however, you seemed to slide forward on your seat quite a bit. I'd pay attention to that. If you're constantly sliding forward, or you go right to the tip of your saddle and have to hold yourself there, there are likely adjustments that need to be made. Better to capture yourself on the trainer for a few minutes, settle into your position, and then edit down to the last 15 seconds or so. That would be a better representation of your actual riding position.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply