Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore throat from the pool
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else experienced a sore throat and lungs after swimming in a pool? I just recently noticed that I have trouble breathing after swimming in my gyms pool. In the past I never had the issue but recently it's been worse. Also the temp of the pool is a 85-86, any chance this could be affecting it?
Quote Reply
Re: Sore throat from the pool [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes when the pool people put new chlorine in the pool it really gets to me. My nose runs and my throat burns like crazy. Did you accidentally drink some pool water

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Last edited by: Red Devil: Mar 25, 08 3:24
Quote Reply
Re: Sore throat from the pool [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i never get lung issues, but my throat does get sore and i get a stuffy nose for a few days.

-----------------------
Your mom's box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes- throat and fluish symptoms from this pool, nose issue- until they had the air filter changed and pool back in decent shape. Not sure what it was though.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore throat from the pool [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No not really drink any just when breathing. They must have put too much in or something, today on my training I had a hard time breathing about zone 2. My throat just didnt want to open.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too much chlorine gives me burning red eyes and trouble breathing just being on the deck. 85-86 degrees sounds pretty hot, too. Fine for therapy, bad for swimming IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After I swim, I always get a weird rash and my eyes burn. I am assuming it has to do with the clhorine. I think the levels are extremly high where I swim. You are definetly not alone with breathing difficulties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get the same issues when a pool has been over chlorinated or is too warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I at least feel better that others experience the same thing, I've been having trouble breathing since swimming in this pool. I never experienced it in the pool back home, only since I've moved here.

Quote | Reply
Have you tried a nose clip? I used to get soar throats all the time but after using a nose clip I haven't had them.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I have a hard workout over 60 minutes, I am nearly always ill the next day. My sinuses go crazy for about 24 hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't have time to read this thread as i just noticed it while heading out the door, but the only - rare! - times that this happens to me is when there is far too much chlorine in the pool.

the pools i go to are generally pretty good about not overdosing on the chlorine. your gym, however, might not be so particular about how much it tosses in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore throat from the pool [indytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I get the same issues when a pool has been over chlorinated or is too warm.
Our pool that I swim in is over chlorinated and 86 degrees.
Last edited by: AlexG: Mar 25, 08 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if a pool is not well ventilated, you inhale chlorine fumes and that irritates lungs and throat. I've been to indoor swim meets where I only swam 5 minutes warm up then 3x100 yard races, yet my lungs and throat were sore by the end of the day. I've never had lung issues swimming hours at time in outdoor pools.

The indoor pool where I swim is well ventilated and the chlorine level is pretty good. However, after swim team season ends the old ladies jack up the water temp to 89-90 degrees and it saps my strength. Then it is hard to breathe and difficult to train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you jinxed me ...just got home from the pool...over heated, overchlorinated, poor ventilation, etc. Have a sore spot in back of throat...god I hate the Y.
Quote Reply