Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Son of a B@^#h!!!
Quote | Reply

http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=1402

grrrrrrrrrr....... grrrrrrrrrrr..... grrrrrrrrrr........

I could have crab walked my way to a slot!

grrrrrrrr..... grrrrrr......... grrr...........

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to add that there seems to be some pretty lame, heavy handed WTC tactics involved as well. Saying that the race was off, and then saying that they HAD to put the race on in 2 weeks or be in breach of contract.

lame, lame, lame, lame......

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was a given...when it was mentioned 2 weeks ago I wrote that 'anyone ready to finish an IM and wanting a slot should go, you are sure to qualify'....I was spot on I guess....
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup...you definitely called that one. Still very lame way to qualify though!!
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure I would call it a lame way to qualify. The athletes did nothing wrong. Its certainly a lame way to run a "World Championship".

I think that for IMH to really lay claim to a proper WC they need to separate out the qualifiers from the Lottery / Auction / Celebrity participants.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could only get through the first paragraph. Not that I had the money sitting around to get there but what a bummer, just stay in the race and your in. I guess it is really know different then winning the lottery though?
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure its different, you have to train and complete the race. One which is supposed to be pretty difficult. For the lottery you can just complete a half IM.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should have gone.

"It also appears likely they have lost a very large sum on money in doing so as the US$50,000 prize purse"

It would appear they paid out prize money as well. AS fast as you are you would have qualified and potentially paid for the trip with your winnings.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, I just meant that you just had to avoid a DNF which is a great deal different then the usual IM but I see your point.
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first, right now I have been fast only in training...
second, I am not ready yet...and third (that may sound odd) I'd rather go in AZ, finish 10th in a stack up field, get no prize money, and no kona slot, in a really tough race against some of the best than go to Malaysia, potentially be on the podium in a tough race too but mostly against mom nature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"that may sound odd"

Nope not odd at all. But if you could go on a nice "Malaysian" vacation and have WTC pay for...why not?

Of course I can understand not wanting it to interfere with your effort in IMAZ.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the same article:

"Xtri.com has been told that the situation arose from an insurance claim made by a competitor in the 2004 race against the WTC themselves. The competitor was allegedly knocked from their bike by a race official, although details on this incident are hard to come by. WTC reportedly felt strongly enough about this to unilaterally cancel the Malaysian’s contract, which still had several years to run."

Uh Oh...does this mean that Kona may lose its race as well ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anybody seen results deeper than 5 men and 2 women? all pros I assume.
So, where are the age group results. I wanna see just how freak'in slow or fast some of these lucky IM'ers were!
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you keep clicking on "next" on the race's website "results" (not the link on xtri that says results), you'll get to AGers.
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [trifolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all I find is 2004 results
am I on the wrong website?
Quote Reply
Re: Son of a B@^#h!!! [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I think I am mistaken. I thought that was the 2005 results.
Quote Reply