Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some time to kill & some (not lots) $ to burn. 2011 QR Cd 0.1 upgrade ideas.
Quote | Reply
The bike fits so well that I'm not really motivated to buy anything new, so I thought maybe some upgrades are in order.

Specifically wheels!

Currently Mavic Open Pro with Wheelbuilder cover with 23 Conti 4000 on back.

Specialized era Tri-Spoke with Conti 20 Supersonic on the front. Sometimes a 23 Conti 4000, if I know roads are gonna be exceptionally bad.

For racing, I sometimes use latex tubes.

I tried putting on my Zipp 404 Firecrest up front but the fork and brakes make it too tight.

Anybody else with a similar vintage setup have ideas?

Using Syntace C-3 aeerobars. Am v. fond of them.

My other bike is the alum. P-3 SL. Like that one too but am thinking the QR is likely faster, so, I'll invest in that one.

Unless my other, other bike, a Softride Road Rocket, is faster still. That IS the one that can easily accommodate the 404s.

Thanks for your times and advices.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Some time to kill & some (not lots) $ to burn. 2011 QR Cd 0.1 upgrade ideas. [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this bike. And also the specialized era trispoke. Notes:
-if this fits you as a long and low frame (and you haven’t stacked it to death), that’s more than an insignificant win right there.
-I think you’ll find the combination of the Trispoke/h3 with ss20 and latex, and a rear disk cover with latex and 5000s (or a 23 ss) is a very very fast combo that still hits heavy. See this thread and links.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._string=hed#p7246911
-reportedly, the fork and brake combo you have does test fast, despite that brake noodle and cable flapping around in the wind. Like, as fast as a good aero fork and Tririg brake. However, I long replaced the original on mine, and use a deeeeeeep Blackwell fork (that apparently pairs well with the h3) and Omega brake. This might be something to play with -maybe a deep bladed fork like the old QR carbonaero, or the cervelo wolf tt, would work, and let you run the 404 in a pinch.
-I think you could benefit from better /faster bars. Everyone likes the Tririg. Maybe the PD aeria? this, and the PD aeria stem would let you add the Aeria HF bottle and have a very very slippery superbike front end. Or, get the Tririg bar, and add that tririg nosecone for a superbike front end (I have the latter of these sitting on my workbench as my summer project).
-mine tests fastest with 1 BTS cage and 1 BTA. Your mileage may vary.
Last edited by: davetallo: Jun 16, 20 11:07
Quote Reply
Re: Some time to kill & some (not lots) $ to burn. 2011 QR Cd 0.1 upgrade ideas. [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the ideas. I'll take a look at those aero bars.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply