Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here:
Quote | Reply
Weather.com reports 90 degrees, 91 degrees heat index while some thermometers around town and in vehicles showing over 100 degrees.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could be your hottest day all year. If memory serves me correctly, you guys usually get about 5 days over 90 per summer (except for the summer of 1988, remember that year?).

Dave in VA but from MI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets go running! It's a dry heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
94 here in south georgia with a heat index close to 100. will make for a smoker of a ride this afternoon.

and in a month or so it's gonna really get hot here.

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. Oddly warm here. Please be advised for this weekend's racing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [johnsonpt1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These Michigan eskimos are probably wincing at 90 degrees. There are probably riots at stores for ice and fans right now at Ann Arbor, Lansing and Detroit. The news is littered with pictures of firemen carting off dead bodies piled up in some house, when the temps hit 84 up there.

The homeless up there are probably making their trek further north, like black birds.

For us southern boys, like you and me Johnson, we understand what we have to to do.

We have no choice but to get tough with it.

The trick is to time your hard, long run at the highest point on the heat/humidity scale that day. If that means taking some time off from work, to do your tempo run when it hits 102, and humidity of 100 percent, heat scale index of 122, then that's what you have to do. You have to show the weather gods who the boss is.
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [boothrand(TBO)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my take on it. I like it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jus the opposite here is central CA, We usually have 90-100 right now but are enjoying mid 70's and overcast. Go figure.

Quote | Reply
yesterday i had a specific Hawaii brick... 95º F, humid and gusting winds... awesome weather ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [boothrand(TBO)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but you "Southern Boys" cry like babies the minute it hits 30 degrees, for Michiganders that's good riding weather. My point is this, temperature is all relative.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It hit 100 here in Trenton NJ today according to Weatherbug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Florida. 82 here today but it "feels like" 88.

I'm racing a sprint tri on Saturday morning at 7:00 and the State TT on Sunday afternoon.

I hope the temps stay right where they are : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My little desktop weather bug says 86. I'm saying it has to be at least 95. I don't think we more than 3 days over 90 all last year. It's a little moist down here.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeez, man, and it's raining today here in NorCal. Our cost of living is *waaaay* to expensive for this crap!!

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cold and raining here in (it never rains in california) Northern California. It really almost never rains here in June.
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you've got that right dc. we bundle up when it gets below 50 and have to really push to get out the door when it's 35 or below. us warm blooded critters can't handle the cold.

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hotter the better, never too hot to run. While I'm here, why is it I can run 8 or 9 miles without a drink but fat people carry bottled water around like they are really doing something to get dehydrated? I think carrying around bottled water is becoming a fashion statement
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus how can you live there. It just stopped snowing about 10 days ago.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why, relatively speaking, it costs much, much less to live there than here in Cali. When people say "quit whining" when the weather turns away from its normally very predictable sunny from May through October, I point out the fact that I (we) pay for the privilege of near perfect weather.

Plus, any extra rain extends the allergy season, and I'm way past being ready for it to be over!!
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, they were saying on the radio that it's been something like 20 years since rain in June. It better cut it out by the weekend.

Alcatraz visitors....BRING FLEECE!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
careful now...not all of us live in ice shanties.

just wrapped up last combo workout before this weekend's first race of the season. i absolutely love biking and running in 90+ conditions and the swim wasn't bad either thank you very much. can't race in it if you can't train in it.

btw 4+ inches of rain from a monster storm cell overnight. lots of debris at intersections and lots of flooded areas in farm fields around here.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alcatraz visitors....BRING FLEECE!

That should be the norm for any SF summertime visit...always a crack up to drive around the city in the summer and see the tourists, freezing their arses off, sporting the "but dammit I'm on vacation and I'm gonna wear these shorts I got at K-Mart no matter what" look, along with their newly purchased Fisherman's Wharf overpriced sweatshirt....
Quote Reply
Re: Some thermometers reporting 100 degrees here: [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So true! When I lived out in Walnut Creek, there would be a 40F temperature shift at times, just in a 25 minute drive. Kind of hard to remember to bring a jacket when it's nearly 100F outside.

Someone emailed me today and asked how I was going to heat train for Kona in SF weather. My response....ride out in Livermore or up in Santa Rosa!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, let me know if ever you want a partner to ride with out my way in the heat...I'll be gearing up for IMF (which is sounding like everyone's favorite IM) and I'll be spending lots of time on Mines Road and the Altamont...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My response....ride out in Livermore"

The Livermore crew is going big Saturday and riding 100. You up for a ride Cathy?

Mike C, You ever ride out here? I was just in your town a few hours ago for lunch at Bridges. Hard to drive by Forwad Motion without going in but I was able to resist today.

Dave
Quote Reply

Prev Next