Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Soloist Question
Quote | Reply
I've settled on the Soloist.

Now, since I found a deal on a used that will work for me, I have this question of soloist owners:

Give me your height, and frame size.

I fully realize there are more variables than that, and will take the bike directly to the fitter when it arrives, I just want to get an idea what you crankheads are riding....
Quote Reply
Re: Soloist Question [Jon499] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'0-6'1 long legs

56cm road configuration only
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7 and ride a 51cm. I'm a knuckle-dragger (long torso, short legs). The Soloist geometry works pretty well for me. Instead of a stem a mile long and the saddle jammed all the way back, I can ride the soloist with a stem only 1/2 mile long. The saddle's still back there a ways.

Congrats on your new ride.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: Soloist Question [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Psycho:

Road? Tri? Both? - do you ride low and aggressive?

Stem length?
Inseam?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooh. i think you'll like the bike...congrats

i am 5'11" and ride a 56 with a 90mm stem, feels good for me, but my arms tend towards orangutangism....cept for the orange hair that is...so for some my height a 56 might seem slightly stretched out

seat is well back for road setup, i did use it with the post forward and clip ons in a few races and it was very good in that position...pretty comfortable and very stable...kudos to cerveloguy for help in the setup

hope you enjoy the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
excellent choice, the soloist! one of my coaches, a cannondale pro, told me that if he wasn't sponsored by cannondale, he would be on a soloist. how's that for an endorsement?

5'9

54"
Quote Reply
Re: Soloist Question [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. Ideally, I'd like to be fitted before I buy, but in the case of classifieds, it seems the money saved can justify a small risk.

I didn't think I'd have much objection to the soloist on such a pro-cervelo forum!

Anyway, here it is. I'm 5'6 with a 28.5" inseam.

I'm leaning toward the 48cm size as my assumptions are as follows:

Seat way back, longish (120mm) stem will accomodate a road position.

Seat way forward, maybe shorter stem (I like to be bunched un on the aerobars with knees barely clearing elbows) for aero position.

I think the shorter head tube on the 48cm will let me get nice and low in the aerobars?

Thoughts? Will this bike be too small?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5/8 with 29cm inseam ride a 54 with a 11cm stem in road position. saddle nose 5cm behind BB with 170 cranks. Probably would have been better off with the 51

Quote | Reply

I'm on a 2005 56 Soloist. 5' 11 1/2 inches tall, 32 inch inseam. Don't recall what the stem length is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10", 34" inseam, on a 54 (pro fit)
Quote Reply