Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Soggy Sneaks
Quote | Reply
I just got in from a 12 mile run. Was wondering of others have this problem, my shoes were soaked from sweat. If I needed to run another 14.2 miles in those shoes it would have been hell. I was thinking I could wear sweat bands around my ankles, but would imagine they would get just as soaked and eventually need to be ripped off.

Comments.
Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Sneaks [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
learn to run barefoot.

http://www.barefootrunning.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweat bands would bug the hell out of me. Are you wearing wicking socks? How about an extra pair of shoes in your special needs bag? lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Sneaks [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cover your entire body with gatorade powder, reapplying every 2 miles. absorbs sweat and you can lick your own body for energy.

http://www.barefootrunning.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of socks are you wearing? There are plenty of running socks that have wicking fibers that should prevent this from happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Sneaks [WFO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are you? a cat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also depends on the shoes you are wearing. I wear light weight racing flats that are mostly mesh. I never wear socks and they seem to stay fairly dry on long runs. I even pour water on my head during runs, I can't drink and run at the same time, so I carry a water bottle for drink and I use the water in the cups they give out to pour over my head. The shoes still seem to stay dry, or are good at draining the water out.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having lived in the midwest most of my life, I have experienced almost every conceivable weather condition. Sometimes your shoes just get soaked. I'll bet the humidity was high during your run. Good socks are the best defense to blisters. I don't know what to do about the annoying squishing sound though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to TX. This is the story of my life for something like 6 months out of the year. You just have to get used to it. 2 pairs of shoes will help.
Quote Reply
Re: Soggy Sneaks [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Above all stay away from cotton in your socks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike developed the Air Kukini for Tri (which looks butt-ugly) because one of their designers drilled holes in one of his shoes before a race and found that it weighed a pound less at the end. The Kukini has a bunch of holes in the bottom and the sides are made from mesh. I have a pair (because I go tthem for 1/2 price) and they feel like I'm wearing air conditioners.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply