Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softriders
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Was looking for a bike for my wife over the last few weeks and came across a new - few years old Softride. Apperently someone use to carry them but no longer does, I did not look to closely at it, but the tag sayed List was like $850 and they were selling it for about $400. It was in there MTB section and had mtb tires with very aggressive tread. But assuming those are replaceable. What should I ask about the bike. Figured I would call them and get a model number/name and year and what hardware is on it. But what else should I ask about. Hard to find info online about older Softrides. Any help would be appreciated.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Softriders [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
though I can't help you based on the info provided I'm pretty sure ADAM from Softride (who frequents this board) should be able to shed some light on the subbject. Sounds like it might be a Solo converted to cross to me though.
Quote Reply
Re: Softriders [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give me more info on the frame. Or a pic would be best I can get you any details you need...

Brady O'Hare
Softride Inc.
brady.ohare@softride.com
Quote Reply
Re: Softriders [Brady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we'll have to defer to the original poster and hope he sees the thread (and if the bike is still for sale)...and hey..you're not Adam;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Softriders [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Soft Ride Century this year and so far love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Softriders [Brady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back from a short family Vacation, called the bike store that has it and this is the info, they could tell me. Figure Im going to misspell or misunderstand about 50% of what he told me but I can try to get over to the store next week, but would like also to know what to look for.

They said it was a Power Curve 7005 Aluminum frame (Original $899 now selling for $499 does not know year). Has center pull brakes, Uno Front end, alloy wheels - Kendra Cross tires?, Grip Shift and Acera X rear derailur.

I asked about size and they said it was a 19.5" - 20" seat height (I guess that means they dont know the actual softride size) any easy way to tell.

I emailed Brady directly also, but thought I would post here for more feedback.

It really seems like this bike has been sitting around awhile and the current sales folks dont know much about it.

When I was there, the owner? I were talking and he mentioned the problem with the softrides always were if you were riding up hill alot your legs would cramp cause the seat postion would be to short. At least thats what he said.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply