Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and...
Quote | Reply
...is it me or is he talking about Andrew Coggan in this paragraph here:

"Intellectual Domination -- I watch media pundits (and cyber celebrities) claim to be guardians of the truth while engaging in satire and bullying. Their actions cloaked in humor and/or intellectual superiority while seeking to subdue any discussion that runs counter to their ideas. Spending one's talent bullying the students (we once were) strikes me as the path of a wasted life. There is a higher way available to us."
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...is it me or is he talking about Andrew Coggan in this paragraph here:[/quote] it's you. in several ways... ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's got to be Andrew. I can't think of a single other person that that even remotely reminds me of... :)
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup - but then the fact is if you look at the resume's of his students...maybe being a bully works?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta agree with austin79...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yup - but then the fact is if you look at the resume's of his students...maybe being a bully works?

Phooey. Being a bully is a sign of insecurity and a way of compensating for same. Doesn't matter if it is a schoolyard bully or an academic bully, they are all the same in my opinion, simply different venues. Any student who graduates from such a situation usually does not have particlarly fond memories of their time there, despite what they learn.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any student who graduates from such a situation usually does not have particlarly fond memories of their time there, despite what they learn.

Or refuse to learn ... but whatever floats your boat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't be so modest. Here's the title you wanted to write:

"Gordo's talking about me on his blog!"

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Frank - your thought is that Paulo stated this thread so that we could flame him? There is no question that he would try to retort any claims about him on the site....then again, he did tell off Gordo's mom on ST if I recall properly.

Fact is he may hate me...but for some reason I like him, and not cause I feel for him like I do a baby bird with a broken wing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really not always about you.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is a train wreck waiting to happen CLM....lets sit back and watch...Monday AM may be interesting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You people are hilarious. Don't go changin' - any of you. (Suggestion may not be valid in all countries/states. Offer does not invalidate personal and/or impersonal growth. )

j

"I'm going to stick to my sardines" - Cassidy
"Others took their lemons and stood up and walked." - Kestrelkerri
"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it. That just might replace this quote on my screensaver:

"Not only has Dr Coggan never undertaken any studies of this topic, but he enjoys the rare privilege of the laboratory exercise scientist – absolute immunity from responsibility for any outcomes resulting from his advice." ------ Dr. T. Noakes 06/22/07

Nah... Noakes' is still better.
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read this quote on Gordo's site and thought of someone on ST and sure enough...........................he posts the quote. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's really not always about you.....
Exactly what I thought. And it's never about me anyway, I am nobody. So yeah, I still think it's about Andrew Coggan.
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So Frank - your thought is that Paulo stated this thread so that we could flame him? There is no question that he would try to retort any claims about him on the site....then again, he did tell off Gordo's mom on ST if I recall properly.

Fact is he may hate me...but for some reason I like him, and not cause I feel for him like I do a baby bird with a broken wing.

I really don't have a clue why Paulo does anything here. It seems he is currently in a tiff with AC and so maybe this was aimed towards him but who would know? I did think it unusually perceptive of Gordo to write what he did though. I doubt Paulo thought the quote pertained to him since it started with "intellectual domination". Paulo just seems to want to denigrate others, not dominate, let alone "intellectually dominate". :-)

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's not either/or. Notice the plural.

pundits (and cyber celebrities)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I find funny is the fact you pretended someone sent you this. We all know you read Gordo's blog daily.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think he's talking about you specifically but you have moments where you match the profile.

It's the internet, what do we expect? I don't hate on you for it, you're just not invited to my birthday party.

Quote | Reply
Well, you know how the old adage goes....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO, Gordo wasted his time writing that paragraph, as I did writing this sentence.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Sep 17, 07 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Putting aside the whole am I notable enough to get super Gordo's attention and warrant a quote on his blog question, here's what I ask you-- If, hypothetically, the quote were about you directly, how would you respond to Gordo's critique to your style?

Just wondering...

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: So somebody sent me this quote from Gordo's blog and... [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not about me! I never thought it was! It's AC!!! That in itself is funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While likely true (and funny), your reply is a nice dodge of my question. I won't dig any further if you're not comfortable going there.

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply

Prev Next