Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So, who worked out on Thanksgiving?
Quote | Reply
I figure I "earned the bird."

Did a tough 5k in the morning, ate pancakes, then rode 60miles with ~5000ft of climbing. I love riding on holidays as there is very little traffic. Of course, I've been eating non-stop since then.

Also, did anybody else eat Thanksgiving dessert for breakfast this morning?
Quote Reply
Re: So, who worked out on Thanksgiving? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, we did our traditional Thanksgiving run. I did 75 minutes, made eating the rest of the day much more satisfying.

Dessert for breakfast--of course! Munching chocolate chip pumpkin bread as I type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was in the US we always headed up to Connecticut to my mom's cousin for thanksgiving.. I f*cking miss that delicious turkey and rolls.... And the snow too! We don't get any snow around here..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Palomar.
Quote Reply
Re: So, who worked out on Thanksgiving? [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spent 4.5 hours writing up my training plan for the rest of 04 and all of 05. Does that count?
Quote Reply
Re: So, who worked out on Thanksgiving? [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a local masters team swim workout, a Thanksgiving tradition of theirs, 2.5 hours, 8,000 yards and way too much IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 Hour Masters Swim workout! 45 minutes easy on the computrainer, snow and cold here in the Chicagoland area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a pathetic 30' on the ct.
Quote Reply
Strength Workout [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cleaned up a tree that fell in my yard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a five mile run with my wife. It was really great. Just the girl and I. Given our insane career schedules lately, it was more like quality time. Man, it was windier than hell! but wonderful regardless.

Our dinner with friends was perfect (all triathletes). A healthy amount of food and no one pushing more food on us than we wanted. Additional goodies.... the right bottle of wine and a whole lot of South Park after diner!!!

A Perfect Day. I really needed a day off.

Ps. I'd skip the dessert for green bean casserole any day... come to think, if I could, I'd skip the green bean casserole and just eat those crunchy onion things right out of the can! 0 Protein, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and about 100% fat.... perfect!!! Man, could this clock go any slower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was planning on a 5k, but bailed because I didn't feel like hurting that badly. I ran twice up and down Mt. Soledad instead (~900 feet). About 1:20 total running time.

EZ run today. Bike TT workout tomorrow at Fiesta Island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a short 1500 yd swim.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode 95 miles, Azusa to Huntington beach Pier and back.

Ate lunch and then painted our kitchen, dining room and living room.

Then had a steak, crab, shrimp and a couple glasses of wine for dinner.
Quote Reply
Re: So, who worked out on Thanksgiving? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When I was in the US we always headed up to Connecticut to my mom's cousin for thanksgiving.. I f*cking miss that delicious turkey and rolls.... And the snow too! We don't get any snow around here..
Where are you that you can't get a turkey?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
90 minutes ont he traininer

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does walking count? I walked an hour, leisurely with husband before the food free for all began. What about spending 5 hours cooking? I cooked fried turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, turnip greens (those of you from the south will understand what this is). Apple pie from Sam's Club.

I ate dressing, sweet potato casserole and apple pie for breakfast. Then I rode for an hour.

I am a holiday slacker!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran 9 miles with my husband yesterday. What strange weather! It was grey skies with patches of blue when we started. Then the sun came out and it was actually warm - about 68, I'd guess, in the Philadelphia area! Then it got cloudy, windy and started to pour, and by the time we got home it was grey skies with patches of blue again, no rain.

I had chocolate mousse, butterscotch mousse and chocolate for breakfast! Oh, and coffee.. :-) And I thought I was the only person that had dessert for breakfast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a little: 3.5 miles at 8 a.m., then cooking from 10-noon (that's a workout, too), then eating nonstop from 1 to 8 p.m. The bigger deal here: We finally have snow on the mountain (30" up top), so my first day skiing will be tomorrow (Saturday). I'll manage about 5 runs, as I'm in no shape to ski: Shoulda done more plyos and lunges this fall. -TB
Quote Reply
Re: So, who worked out on Thanksgiving? [tbinmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5K Turkey Trot and then 12 miles ride to test our the new Tufo clincher tubulars (highly recommended)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hill intervals, after "lunch", a few hours before turkey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran the traditional (22nd) Detroit Turkey Trot (10K)... stayed for some of the parade, then nothing...

I am a lazy bastard! ;) - my newly bought(arrived 2 days ago) trainer sits quitely in it's box... I guess that's how you manage off-days when you work 2 jobs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I emceed the local 5K Turkey Trot so I worked out my mouth...does that count? I also went to the gym and taught a Turkey edition yoga class with an emphasis on twisting (good for digestion) asanas.

Miguel in the 'No...El Tribato

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam 1,500 meters, then trekked 10K through the streets of Lisbon, hiking up and down hills and stairs and shooting photos. Dinner was speciality de casa souza (pasta).

I did get turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes on the Lufthansa flight on Tuesday afternoon.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ran 6 mi. pre turkey.
had left over pie and coffee for breakfast.
My lunchtime swim reminded me we should not have opened that last bottle of wine, or maybe it was the cognac. It was a short swim today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Atlanta half-marathon, although I exploded quite spectacularly and can still barely walk...kids, if you are a heel-striking overpronater and think your shoes are worn out, get new shoes. Don't think another 13.1 miles on them is no big deal.

--
fork DOWN
times DOWN
woo - jackmott
Quote Reply

Prev Next