Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-)
Quote | Reply
It's crazy. Okay let me re-phrase that. Some of you are crazy.
Seem's to me that a lot of you have been talking about the tri's you've done so far. Where I live the water is still frigid! Goodness, the weather hasn't cooparated for me to get much over 700 miles on my bike so far.
My first tri is mid-june in Quincy. I'm hoping to start out slower and easier and gradually peak in September.

When's your first race? What are your plans for the year. Please, help me not feel lazy.

-Some people look at a glass as half-full, others look at it as half empty. Personally, I don't think it's even a third full.
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i haven't raced a tri yet. if i do race, it won't be for a few months. my season might be shot because of a knee injury that i incurred running a marathon. very depressing.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did mine Saturday. Triathlons start in my area in March, but I just got around to doing my first one. I did a duathlon in early March, but my first tri, a half IM, was this past weekend. I hope to be able to race until November to make up for the late start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't raced one yet. I have a marathon in mid June (Estes Park Marathon billed as highest paved marathon in the world!) and first try in July. Plan on some shorter distance Tris including Xterra Keystone and a half IM distance in Sept plus a few running events like Bolder Boulder and Vail Hill climb maybe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in MA, and my first race, an Int'l, is June 13th, with IMLP six weeks later. Then I plan to do an Oly in August and a 1/2 in September. It's a pretty light schedule, but it's all I could fit in this year.

You have to remember, many of the folks on this board live in beautiful California, where the weather is ever beautiful, and the race season starts in January and runs until December. Or so it seems. And there are all kinds of different race distances to do. Up here, I could do a sprint every weekend, but there are a total of 4 1/2's within driving distance, and only 1 IM(Lake Placid.)

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water is still quite cold uphere in the Great White North. Did a duathlon and have a club TT planned this weekend. Tris don't start until June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are not lazy! I'm in the Chicago area and between the weather and tax season, I don't have more than 500 miles on my bike yet (but that is rapidly changing!).

My first triathlon is mid-June in Elkhart Lake, then a sprint distance in July, followed by my first Olympic Distance (my "A" race for the season) in August up at Pleasant Prairie.

Biking is my main passion so most of the other weekends are filled with Time Trials & road races but I will also get at least one swim meet in plus will do the 5K Big Shoulders open water swim in September.

My theory is all these early birds will be burned out by August and then we will have a better chance at placing!

Have a great season!

Regina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first tri was supposed to be saturday, but it was cancelled because of inclement weather, what a bummer. So my next tri will be Elkhart Lake Wi on June 12th. I am doing a 1/2 marathon this weekend in Chitown. Will do another tri in july two in aug and then cap off with IMWI in september, after that its back to hibernation til january.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well heck,,I live in Chicago and did the Ralph's Half IM and did it while training on my bike indoors and indoor swim. Only did my runs outside 'cause can keep warm running no matter how cold it gets..so what the hell..just completed my second Half IM couple of days ago..guess its possible no matter where ya live.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to debut this year at the Wisconsin Triterium in Verona, WI, (on the IM Moo course) which is where I grew up (I don't live in the area anymore). However, my running has been going so well that I haven't even gotten on the bike yet...and the race is in 3 weeks. Guess I won't be racing after all. I'll probably just concentrate on the running this year...as I did last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drove >800 miles to do my first tri this season. I went down to North Carolina and did the 1/2 at White Lake. My brother and his family thought I went down just to see them. Little did they realize ;) Well worth the drive. I just wish there were some down there even earlier in the season!! MORE races I say...MORE!!!!! :)
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope...not me. I'm also in the Chicago/northern IL area and don't have a tri until June 20 - the Aurora High Cliffs 1/2 IM up near Appleton, WI. Was going to do Iron Horse, but it was unfortunately cancelled. Got a few road races under my belt...a half marathon back in March and the St. Louis marathon in April, and some decent club rides. Got a century+ ride coming up Saturday and a 10 mile race on Monday which I'll bike to for a nice Memorial Day brick - followed by copious 'rehydration'. Got another 1/2 IM in July and I'll probably do the Mideast Regioinal oly in August as a final tune-up for IM WI in September. No sense in feeling lazy...it's early yet.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is this Saturday. However, the water is like 50-55 and it is about a 2/3 of a mile swim. I swam last Friday in the lake with my new QR superfull and it was not bad. We had rain all weekend and today was the first sun in like 5 days. I know Tuesday was quite chilly. I hope they cut it back to 1/4 to 3/8 mile. The weather has been so shitty in Minnesota the last 3 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'll probably do the Mideast Regional oly in Auguast"

Eagle Creek? Have you done it before? I'm considering putting it on my calender this year, just looking for some comments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did St Croix 1/2 Iron 3 weeks ago. Sun, fun, and a Hawaii slot. Anybody who has not done that race, put it on your short list. It will kick your ass and you will love every minute of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, that's the one. Been there twice - once to root for the wife, and the second time was '01 - came to race, but it rained so hard they had to cancel the swim and bike, and it turned into a 10K. So...I can't offer any personal experience with it, but my wife thought it was a great race and a nice venue. I can say that they handled the rain situation very well - kept everybody informed, and definitely made the right decision. The website is: usatmideast.com

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first race in a year is still coming up, June 5th. Ironically, its the last race I did last year due to my subsequent accident. I'm beyond ready to finally get back in the racing saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been training my ass off, but no racing yet, nor any open water swimming. Will do both Sunday at the HFP Little Smokies Half IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all in the preparation - I don't plan on my first tri before mid July - got a few bike races coming up though and a few half marathons - late June in prep for IMC got a 160 bike race on Saturday and a 21 k half marathon on Sunday....

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First tri will be Little Smokies on Sunday. I have done 4 du's so far, and a couple 1/2 marathons.
Quote Reply
Re: Yo furball [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done three. I did my first tri of the year in MARCH!! (the AVAC super sprint - 400/5/2. 30 minutes of unmitigated pain at 5 over threshold...

Come to Kahleeforneeya where the lakes NEVER freeze!

Weather in Folsom for Cali Man on Saturday was high of 77º with water temps in the 60s.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First tri this weekend...Triathlon of the Gods in Cascade Locks, OR. Then Issaquah Triathlon in Issaquah, WA the next weekend. Then Cascades Edge Triathlon in Enumclaw, WA the weekend after that. Two sprints and an Olympic...

Already done two duathlons Spring Classic in Portland, OR and Mt. Rainier in Enumclaw, WA, as well as a 1/2 marathon Capital City in Olympia, WA...

Can't wait for this weekend though...
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Mine is this Saturday. However, the water is like 50-55 and it is about a 2/3 of a mile swim. I swam last Friday in the lake with my new QR superfull and it was not bad. We had rain all weekend and today was the first sun in like 5 days. I know Tuesday was quite chilly. I hope they cut it back to 1/4 to 3/8 mile. The weather has been so shitty in Minnesota the last 3 weeks.

Doing Owatonna? You're right about the bad weather - I haven't got alot of good rides in yet. I may go down to it. I gotta go look at wetsuits tonight after I get done at the gym. We'll see how spendy it's going to be. If I do go, it'll be a "that morning" decision. Sounds like off-and-on rain all weekend. Dammit.

My first race isn't scheduled until the end of July unless I can sneak into some others some how. We'll see. I plan on going well into September though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First TRI on June 6. (MICHIGAN's season opener)

Done a 1/2 M on February 1st (OH - @ 0 F!) and 3 Duathlons in the past 3 weeks.

The weather has not cooperated this year so 80-90% of my training has been done indoors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first tri isn't until the end of June. Then I don't have another tri until Sept, and then IMFL. I am doing some organized centuries in between these races, though. I've also done a marathon in April, so I've been doing some stuff...just not tris yet.
Quote Reply

Prev Next