Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, not to make you turn green, but here's what my wife has knocked out so far this season: Two sprint races, two Olys, IM Oz, and in the next four weeks will have two more Olys (one in France no less), and a half-IM under her belt. I'm missing two of the Olys. It's good living in Hawaii.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local season has finished :(
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [axebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Owatonna. This wind is just shit for aero wheels. I can't keep a high enough cadence for them to be useful. KARE 11 said it looks like rain in the late afternoon on Saturday. The weeds are better this year. They only go out maybe 20 yards rather than the entire first stretch like last year. The water was so cold I almost went into shock every time my face hit the water. You may want to get a neoprene hood. I did and it seemed to help a lot. Check out Gear West because they had good deals on last year's model QR wetsuits. Maybe they could do a duathlon instead.
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't done a tri since 1997, but might get back into the pool this year. If so the sub 2hr oly crowd will get more crowded.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
april 24th in south missouri (pool swim) than memphis in may on the 23rd. water temp was 83 degrees (no wetsuits)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not yet. The first tri that I usually do in Southern Ontario is in Milton. It is June 6th this year but I am passing on it and waiting until Muskoka on June 20th (which gives me a month to drop 10lbs). The crummy spring we've had so far (we've broken the previous record for rainfall in May with a week to go) leads me to believe that the water will be every bit as frigid as it was last year (55 in Milton and 58 at Muskoka) so I'm glad that I'm picking up my new Desoto full suit this Friday to replace my sleeveless QR!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me neither. I'm supposed to do a half IM on june 13 but I might run through a sprint the week before.

Wish I could have found something this weekend that was close.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first in central MN two weekends ago...

That race involved a 5 k run, 8 mile bike, and a 6.5 mile.... CANOE!! I had to hop out of the canoe at one point and landed in water above my knees and YES the Root River was very cold!!

I did it with my CC coach as her first tri and she loved it and is hooked on tris now,

This weekend is a 1/2 marathon, next weekend Race for the Cure Madison with my momma (Saturday) and then maybe Lake Mills tri (Sunday) , and then a few weeks after that the Wisconsin Dells tin man!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When's your first race? What are your plans for the year. Please, help me not feel lazy.

My first tri is in 2 weeks. In Switzerland there are only 2 or 3 tris before June. The only tri that was in a lake (and not pool) the water was only 15C.
The first Duathlons are end of April.

This season I did one Du (Swiss Champioship 4/16/4/16/4) and 7 runs races (8km cross to HM): See http://home.datacomm.ch/weilenmann/Sport

My main race is QC Roth (former IM Europe) on 4th of July. So my A race is quite early in the season. Then I have 3 weeks with lot of recovery and time for my family before I do IM Switzerland on July 25 (just for fun, not a good time).
The rest of the season is planned/decided after IM Switzerland. If everything goes good/decent I will do Powerman Zofingen and two ODs.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Last edited by: felix__w: May 27, 04 1:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

First tri for me this year is Escape from Alcatraz on June 6.

I have done a number of running races and Marathon des Sables but this year looks like I am only going to manage two tri's in total.

That's one of the problems when you move to a new country where you don't speak the language - bit hard to organise to do races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I'll probably do the Mideast Regional oly in Auguast"

Eagle Creek? Have you done it before? I'm considering putting it on my calender this year, just looking for some comments.

I've done this race twice, plus about a half dozen other races at Eagle Creek (I live in Indy). The Oly distance course is pretty easy, I'd say. Not a lot of hills -- Indy is pretty flat, especially on the run. The bike course exits the park and goes out into the country, which is mostly flat with some sharp turns on country roads. There is no traffic to speak of. The run course is entirely within the park so no worries there. It seems like they mis-measure the swim course every year, I dunno. I think it was in 2000 I swam that course, had an awful time, then 6 days later I did USAT nationals in St. Joe and swam 8 mins faster for the 1500m?

My only concern here is that it seems like every year I do this race it is freakin' HOT outside...like 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Just my dumb luck, I guess.

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: So, has anyone else out there not done their first tri of the year yet?(:-) [Peter826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"it is freakin' HOT outside...like 90 degrees with 90% humidity"

Bring it on Baby!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a Shiner to Yager to Jose a few months ago. Good times if I could recall them.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply

Prev Next