Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So, I finally tried those Pumas Roadracer IIIs
Quote | Reply
I finally tried those Puma Road Racer IIIs that Rapp was wearing at Fistapalooza. I can't tell about how they are sockless, since they are a 1/2 size larger than most other shoes I've worn. (I'll have to get a smaller pair to tell how they are for that. But....

I got them Friday and took them to the gym to try them on the treadmill yesterday. (It was pouring out.) I did about 40 minutes on them and liked them so much that I took them out for 1:40 today on the pavement. (The trails were mud.)

I usually run in Adizero RCs or, on the trails, XC flats or NB 790. These have a touch more heel (1-2mm) than the RCs, which isn't much, but they don't have a big projection out the rear like a lot of shoes. I don't like much heel and thought it might be an issue, but I didn't notice it after the first half hour.

The sole of the Puma is firm and bouncy not unlike the Saucony, not dead like the Asics trainers and racers I've worn. I haven't run that long on pavement since the NY marathon, but these were great on the pavement and would be plenty good for me for HIM or half mary and I'm ~175#, currently. I think I would have been happy on them in NY, but it's too soon to tell after only 2 runs.

(I love the RCs but they aren't available any more and they can't be worn sockless since there is an elastic attached to the lateral side of the tongue than eats my feet so I've been having to put on socks in T2.)

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply