Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Snow is here
Quote | Reply
I think I'll run out to the store, buy milk, eggs, bread, and make French toast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Snow and the last three days and the midwest [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone think the eastcoast/midwest might be a nice place to live contemplate this.

Thursday: Flight from Laguardia... Long term parking is full so have to stay in 24 dollars a day parking... Flight delayed 4 hours assured that all connections will be delayed as much if not more. Promptly miss my connecting flight to rochester MN. Change my flight to minneapolis 3 hours later. That flight is now 2 hours delayed. Fly into minneapolis rent car, drive 1.5 hours to rochester, arrive at 4:00

Fri: Wake up at 6:15 for a 7:00 AM interview... Notice the snow falling during the tour of the facility. Finish the interview day at 1:30. Go back to the hotel to get my bags and promptly told that the airport is closed. Some reason check with American Airlines who says that the airport is not closed. Arrive at airport in near blizzard conditions to find out that we missed the earlier flight by 20 minutes. Hang out in airport for 4 hours at which point they finally decide that they are going to cancel all flights out. Decide with others that we are going to drive to chicago... Laughed at by several locals who promptly say prayers for us. Drive for 9 hours in near white out conditions, lose complete control of the car several times, arrive at ohare at 4 AM

Sat: Flight to boston takes off promptly. Arriving in boston see the departure list which shows that all flights to NY are delayed or cancelled...

Anybody still like snow? Not me
Quote Reply
Re: Snow and the last three days and the midwest [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez,

And I thought I had it bad trying to leave O'Hare on Thursday with a three hour delay. It wont last that much longer.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody still like snow?

I went showshoeing for two hours last night just south of Minneapolis. It was beautiful; keep the snow coming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snow is great.

It is snow mixed with aviation that is definitely not great. Airplanes and de-icing equipment and runways and snow plows and airport logistics break down very rapidly when confronted with serious snow (or sometimes trivial snow). With weather like that, you really should change your plans because the snow ain't gonna change its plans for you. Nature always bats last.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply