Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Snot Rocket Etiquette
Quote | Reply
Yesterday morning before my long group ride, I noticed one guy seemed a little raspy and congested. About one hour into the ride (about 9:00 a.m.), while I was behind him, he launched a snot rocket. I felt a fine mist hitting me in the face. About 4:30 p.m., I begin to notice cold-like symptoms (sore throat/congestion). What do you think--related or not? If so, what is the appropriate "payback" for this "gift?" I might add, the pollen count is very high here right now, so it might just be allergies.
Last edited by: tri_bri2: Nov 9, 03 18:35
Quote Reply
Re: Snot Rocket Etiquette [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, my etiquette is like this - if someone is behind me and I am in a pace line, I shoot the rocket into my fingers and wipe on my shorts. Kind of gross, but I don't want that crap hitting me and therefore try not to do it to other people. If I'm with only one or two people I just move across the road a bit and take care of it. I rode yesterday and it was 25* so snot was everywhere, however, when it is 25* I am certainly not riding in a pace line so no worries.

As far as returning the favor, it sounds as if you were right behind this guy in line so when he finished pulling and went to the back I would make him suffer to get on the back . . .
Quote Reply