Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Smart people - prove me right (addictions)
Quote | Reply
Tracy is an addict, she does not know this really as the addict is often the last to know they have a problem. It is shocking how often she uses the Zero Calorie "Butter Spray"...she sprays it on everything - lots of it...cause it is fat and calorie free right?

My point PER SERVING - and there are over 1000 servings in a little bottle. So, people read "Calorie Free" but I think that is "per serving" and a serving is a squirt, not a bath.

As a note, that stuff is great for grilled cheese sandwiches.

What say you - this stuff that has all kinds of oil and dairy on the label cant be calorie free in any quantity.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Hungry Girl,

I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and it supposedly has ZERO calories. Does it really have no calories at all? How can that be?

-- Spraying in Sacramento

Dear Spraying,

The "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray has ZERO calories if you use just a few spritzes. However, if you do what most of us do and spray to your heart's content, you can rack up calories and fat grams pretty quickly. Here's the scoop: 12.5 sprays is 10 calories and 1 gram of fat, 25 sprays (1 teaspoon) is 20 calories and 2 grams of fat, and 37.5 sprays is 30 calories and 3 grams of fat. In case you're curious, the entire bottle contains 900 calories and 90 grams of fat! Helpful hint: When it comes to this stuff, stick with spraying as opposed to pouring.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - Big Mac in a bottle..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was an advertising major at one point and had a class where we learned that "One Calorie Diet Pepsi" (as the advertising went) actually had about 50 calories, but the fine they paid every year was well worth the profits they made because of the lie.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was an advertising major at one point and had a class where we learned that "One Calorie Diet Pepsi" (as the advertising went) actually had about 50 calories, but the fine they paid every year was well worth the profits they made because of the lie.

Hmm....smells like an urban legend.....

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/1calorie.asp

I hope they taught you some actual facts at that fancy shmancy school, there, college boy. ;->

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real butter...

1TBS...who uses a whole tablespoon?

100 Calories

11g Fat

Ingredients: Cream, Milk.....no poly, no mono, none of the good stuff - I will stick with real butter.

Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/1calorie.asp

I hope they taught you some actual facts at that fancy shmancy school, there, college boy. ;->
You got served, boyeeee!

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][quote]I was an advertising major at one point and had a class where we learned that "One Calorie Diet Pepsi" (as the advertising went) actually had about 50 calories, but the fine they paid every year was well worth the profits they made because of the lie. [/quote]

[url "http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/1calorie.asp"]http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/1calorie.asp[/url]

I hope they taught you some actual facts at that fancy shmancy school, there, college boy. ;->[/reply]

Interesting, never saw that before, but I will lay claim to one thing...this was before 1990!!!!!!!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was this beer which advertised itself as 99% sugar free. Turns out it had more sugar than all the other beers. I like the 50% off sales. No one ever asks "50% off of what". Was it PT Barnum that said "no one ever lost money underestimating the American public"?

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya know I think you're onto something. If it's true the butter spray has 25 calories a teaspoon that's 75 calories a tablespoon....pretty much the same.

Not only that, butter taste better, is more satisfieng and doesn't "Soak into" foods like the "vegie" butters.

So why do people not use butter...It doesn't come in a can! They did it with cheez wiz we can do it with butter...Butter Wizz! Dude we're rich...

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do we know that Pepsi didnt pay off Snopes to spread the false rumor about this being a false rumor? Wouldnt that be funny to find out...

shit...black helicopters outside again...I am heading to the shelter...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay Chip is right,

This stuff should be sold strictly as grilled cheese sandwich butter. thats all its good for...i mean its amazing for it. It gives you just the right amout of oil so the sandwich isnt greasy...orgasmic grilled cheese.

"I push the envelope so hard it says, 'excuse you'." -MC Paul Barman
Quote Reply
Re: Smart people - prove me right (addictions) [floydie83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am honored that you learned that trick at my house.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That snopes.com website is a real gem, by the way. Comes in handy when friends and family send me the latest "Bill Gates wants to share his wealth by tracking emails" , um, emails and others that tend to fill my personal inbox.
Quote Reply