Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Smart Trainer Cadence Spike
Quote | Reply
Using a Tacx Vortex and Trainerroad. When watts seem to get above like 220, the cadence on my TR app from my phone spikes between 120-140 and therefore increases the resistance substantially I believe.

Any tips to fix this? I am new to the smart trainer and TR world, about 2 months in. Moreover, I do try to keep a smooth pedal stroke knowing that that can lead to these inaccurate readings. Thanks!

Edit: no Power Meter and using ErgMode
Last edited by: Rob G: Apr 15, 19 17:31
Quote Reply
Re: Smart Trainer Cadence Spike [Rob G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the Trax measure your cadence? My Magnus doesn't do that, and the program controlling it (Rouvy) doesn't care when controlling its resistance. The Magnus looks at wheel speed and resistance to set watts.

A crank based power meter needs cadence to determine power. Are you controlling your Trax via your bikes power meter through TR? If that is the case the cadence problem is most likely in the power meter and not in the software.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Smart Trainer Cadence Spike [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
How does the Trax measure your cadence? My Magnus doesn't do that, and the program controlling it (Rouvy) doesn't care when controlling its resistance. The Magnus looks at wheel speed and resistance to set watts.

A crank based power meter needs cadence to determine power. Are you controlling your Trax via your bikes power meter through TR? If that is the case the cadence problem is most likely in the power meter and not in the software.

The trainer somehow calcs cadence. I don’t have a PM
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Smart Trainer Cadence Spike [Rob G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Still having this issue.
Quote Reply