Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. by 'hottie thread candidate' Heather of Cervelo
Quote | Reply
The ever-charming and helpful Heather, apparel guru at Cervelo and forum member herself, kindly took some snapshots of the first samples produced of the 'Peaceful tribe' apparel!

For those of you that don't know about this, like cervelodude, the Peaceful Tribe apparel is all about forum members around the world having an identity which joins us in spirit when they're out training, racing....whatever.....whilst at the same time raising money for our chosen charity The Challenged Athletes Foundation.

The Challenged Athletes Foundation, headed by Virginia Tinley, (Scott Tinley, the triathlete's wife) is actively going through grant requests and individual cases for us to focus on directly, i.e. whatever we donate we will see the fruit of, so to speak, rather than donate to a large charity where the money is a drop in the ocean.

We will literally know who we're helping out and see what we have bought/done for them.....

Place your orders on www.cervelo.com/tribe and you will also see how much money is raised with each piece sold. Important to say is this has been produced at 0% profit and it ALL goes to charity. Some of us are even losing money on this so the commitment is unquestionable.

We hope to raise $10,000 or more! So, this is your chance to buy some kharma and cool in one go!!!!! Do it....

First the caps. We are producing 300 of them and they have the logos embroidered. produced by Headsweats, official supplier of Ironman and Cannondale brands for example. The cap features a Challenged Athlete Foundation logo on the side of the cap which we can't see here....

Now, the short-sleeve tee shirts:

Now the sleeveless:

Finally, the long-sleeve tee shirts:

So there we have it.....the text is in red by the way, some of the fots have suffered through downgrading the quality of the image to get them up in here fast.....

Let's keep this bumped up all day every day because there are many people who still don't know about this....thanks everyone.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Last edited by: sperera: Feb 3, 05 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they look absolutely sweet. This is an amazing thing that you have created Stephen, I'm sure I can speak for everyone on here when I say a heartfelt thankyou for all your hard work and also to Heather and everyone else at Cervelo for stepping up and running with this.

My only problem now is that despite having put in an order for 2 hats and one each of the T-shirts, having seen the photos, I now want a race top too. Not sure if the budget will stretch that far this time.

Cheers,

Justin.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for your kind words...much appreciated!

Yes, the race top is soooooooooo cool....probably the coolest item???? I wear sleeveless out on the bike from May to October and all-year round running, so I'm definately buying one....

By the way, I am buying my own apparel and hat, no freebie for me....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"By the way, I am buying my own apparel and hat, no freebie for me....
"

I don't think anyone for a moment suspected otherwise.

Cheers,

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...well, just thought I'd say anyway...so, you're gonan have to get the sleeveless one eh!!!!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very cool

thanks again and thanks to all of the Cervelo folks involved

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a hat already, not with the Peaceful tribe design but samples sent to me by Alan Romick of Headsweats...and it's a fantastic tech material...super-light.....run with it the other day when it was warm and it worked well.....recommended.

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aha! so you DID get something out of this? What did you do with the Oopmh sample? XL?

lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahaha....yes, I did actually....Alan sent me two caps and a headband with a peak type thingie....the caps were the Timex 2004 Ironman cap and another of the CAF (Challenged Athlete Foundation). The headband an Ironman branded one.

Did not get samples from anyone else at all.....the fots you saw posted were pics they sent me and I added logos etc using Photoshop!!! So, no Oomph, Hincapie, LeslieJordan or Crafts at all.

See, complete transparency....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reckon your sister in law might even fancy me in one of those sleeveless tops ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are really nice with one exception...why does it have to have Tom Demerly's name on them?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get the sleeve-less, get a pic done and send it to me for her.......but not with a four-x in your hands and a gut......hahahaha

by the way, Tom Demerly wrote the article that inspired this:
http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/editorials/0000071.shtml

So it's like an author's quote.....hey, he's a good guy....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Job!

Thanks for showing the results. It convinced me to also buy the singlet! I guess the people will have an ez way to recognize me in Lanzarote

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job! I'll wear them with pride and look forward to explaining "the tribe" to the normal people ;)

Jeff Morrow

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes I know.....I will have to prepare a generic answer to the question!!!!!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way...

Heather from Cervelo is a 'hottie'....she won't admit to it but I think she's hiding the fact under the wooly hats, scarfs, thermal jumpers, jackets, boots.....I say we have her model the apparel.....!!!!!! he he he he

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. by 'hottie thread candidate' Heather of Cervelo [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great job sperera, can't wait for my order!

BUMP...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yes I know.....I will have to prepare a generic answer to the question!!!!!
"It's like Zen ... If you don't know; I can't explain it."

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. by 'hottie thread candidate' Heather of Cervelo [CanIronClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orders so far stand at:

LCS (sleeve-less) = 34
This means approx. $1,292 for charity!

After Dark (short-sleeve t-Shirt)= 97
$1,164 for charity approx.

Before Sunrise (long-sleeve t-shirt)= 76
$1,140 for charity approx.

Hats = 43
$430 for charity approx.

By my calculations, this means we have approx. $4,026 for charity already!!!!!!

Great stuff.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it to hit $10,000 or above...can we do it?????

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahah perfect....

The OFFICIAL EXPLANATION hence....and how to say it:

Look away from the person who has just asked, OR look through them.....pause for 6 seconds, make the silence unnerving...then say...."It's like Zen, if you don't know I can't explain it....."

Then walk away.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't we have Tom's disclaimer "I sell tri related stuff" (or whatever it says) beneath his name on the jerseys? ;)

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Post deleted by NCSecretHero [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

My order is in, can't wait for delivery!

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch forum members charity 'apparel' and 'race hats' - Pics. of first ones produced - Peaceful Tribe [NCSecretHero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the hats....tell me about it....I have to pre-pay them all so if I don't sell them all I'm out of pocket!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please bump this up for me as we can't let this out of sight....we have new forum members every day I would guess.....and then there are those, like cervelodude who hadn't even noticed what this was all about!!!!

Thanks for all your help. Remember, it isn't for my sake but for the Challenged Athlete Foundation....

By mid-February we should have a person or case to directly help out!!!!! This will be great as it won't all be lost in the ocean of money the UNICEF's of this world get from all over the world.....

please bump it up!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply

Prev Next