Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World!
Quote | Reply
I read a Time magazine article on the Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia which allows anyone to edit the entries. Pretty cool website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (by the way, Dan, you are listed in the Triathlon entry as one of the "important" males but someone needs to fill in the bio information!)

Uses "wiki wiki" software, open source, simple programming which some corporations are now using for simple document collaboration, project management, etc. Anyway, I think the Slowtwitch community could do a great job at creating a WikiWiki document or two -- maybe a Slowtwitch Newbie Guide, or Triathlon Manual, or at least a Slowtwitch Forum User Guide (with a big section on how to post pics)... oh and don't forget a Slowtwitch Hottie Guide Highlights Book.

How bout it Dan? (note that I am not a computer wonk).

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Last edited by: ssn759co: Jun 11, 05 23:54
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World! [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, great idea. I bet it would instantly turn into THE source on the web for tri-related infomation.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great idea - they are incredibly useful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! In the IT world we rely on Wiki quite a bit and I have set up and used quite a few... I would be glad to give you some advice should you need it. Feel free to shoot me an email if you like.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wikipedia is cool, but remember, it's all based on someone else's input, it may not always be correct

I was reading a WWII entry recently and edited the peice because an incorrect rank was entered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World! [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
wikipedia is cool, but remember, it's all based on someone else's input, it may not always be correct

I was reading a WWII entry recently and edited the peice because an incorrect rank was entered.
I think you just pointed out the biggest strength of the Wiki way!

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World! [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know, what about a sort of parallel universe world where there is the regular slowtwitch.com knowledge base--article i and others write--as well as a wiki-based knowledge-based adjunct, edited by slowtwitchers? i think i'd certainly be up for that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman -- A Wiki Wiki Slowtwitch World! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly... I think the combined experience of the group would result in a pretty high quality set of information representing alternatives, pros and cons, differing opinions etc. There are also some pages that you would likely lock from public edit (e.g., rules that you want to set, instructions on how to format based on the wiki engine that you choose etc).

Maybe you could set up a beta site as sort of a sandbox as a starting point and some of us could QA it in order to get it running smoothly.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply