Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleep... or lack there of...
Quote | Reply
While I hope I'm the only one that has this lil problem, I doubt it! ;-)

Last night, fell asleep around 9:30PM only to end up wide awake at 2:30AM. I eventually fell back alseep around 4 and bagged my AM workout due to being so damn tired.

Here's the question... Do you all just suck it up and do the morning workout on little sleep, or do you bag the workout for the needed Z's?

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep... or lack there of... [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, suck it up and go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I go ahead and do the workout. This has actually happened to me more than once lately. But I have to ad there are very few days that I can't get in a decent nap later in the day.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened to me two days ago. I picked up a book and read for about an hour before falling back asleep.

Felt like crap in the morning and had to change my swim workout slightly from a 10x100 to a (5x100) twice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Last night, fell asleep around 9:30PM only to end up wide awake at 2:30AM. I eventually fell back alseep around 4 and bagged my AM workout due to being so damn tired.
Sleeping problems could indicate overtraining.

---

Warning: Username does not in any way apply to triathlon past and future performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mph, that's a hard one. I sometimes get weird bouts of insomnia like that. They tend to come in waves, where for maybe a week I find myself awake in the middle of the night. I sometimes bag my workouts as a result--I usually fall back asleep after a few hours, and sleep like the dead, right through my wakeup time for workouts. If the workout is a run, I just get up and do it. I find I can do it at 4am just as well as 6am, and that leaves time for a nap before I get on with the day. Bike is possible too if you have good lights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have done the workout @ 2h30AM then back in bed @ 4AM.... :)

Fred.
Quote Reply