Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Singapore Belly?
Quote | Reply
How many of the proā€™s got E Coli from swimming in Marina Bay? Sam Long, Jason West, and apparently Blu as well.

Curious as to why this isnā€™t being talked about more? Oh wait, not allowed to mention PTO on Ironman broadcast šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [runnerdoc41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Lionel/Talbotā€™s last vid before Lahti Sam said a lot of the girls field contacted him too and confirmed the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe the list will have some more names on it by race start. Hearing rumours now that Kristian might be having issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [CPlant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This being the case does anyone think the athletes would want to go back to Singapore next year? I hope Sodaro is ok after she already had a stomach bug in/after Roth. A lot of potential damage to people's seasons would make Singapore a race I imagine many would chose to skip in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [CPlant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPlant wrote:
Believe the list will have some more names on it by race start. Hearing rumours now that Kristian might be having issues.

Kristian looked sick in Talbots videos. Even without water quality issues in Singapore , surely all that travelling and racing in recent weeks must have played havoc with his immune system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be fair, they did say Singapore and Milwaukee plenty of times. It's not like they completely ignored it.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this happened to pros at an IM
race heading to a PTO race, people would go ape shit.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
To be fair, they did say Singapore and Milwaukee plenty of times. It's not like they completely ignored it.

If you actually wanted to be fair, you would acknowledge that the PTO broadcast will freely mention Challenge and IM races whereas the IM broadcast does it's best to dance around the subject. It's painfully clear that the IM broadcast producers want to minimize discussion of other races as much as possible, which is dumb on so many levels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runnerdoc41 wrote:
How many of the proā€™s got E Coli from swimming in Marina Bay? Sam Long, Jason West, and apparently Blu as well.

Curious as to why this isnā€™t being talked about more? Oh wait, not allowed to mention PTO on Ironman broadcast šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Are you sure it is E Coli though (I have not seen reports as to what bug it was, if anyone has had samples taken and cultured)? Lots of other bugs and lots of other mechanisms by which one could get an infection.
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to get crazy, but low grade covid going around?
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah i was about to post something too. E. coli not the most common bug for GI illnesses from OWS. Thereā€™s other enteric bacteria, viruses etc that are more common.
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Not to get crazy, but low grade covid going around?

I have only heard reports of what Blu was going through, and suffice to say they were asking him whether it was safe to wear his all white tri-suit and it sounded like it was. Unlikely to be COVID with those symptoms. Having been to Singapore a lot it is an incredibly "clean" country by that regions standards. It is hard to say if it is from the swim etc or something else going around, one of our club members had to withdraw on the bike with vomiting I think (not sure if that was heat induced or something different).

Can't envy any of the Singapore crew having a gut illness and then needing to catch a myriad of flights to get to Lahti. You can loperamide to a point but even then that might not stop it all....!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore Belly? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Burton who raced Singapore posted on instagram ā€œunfortunately the bug i brought home from Singapore has tested as covidā€
Quote Reply