Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Shifter and Rear mech have to match.

Got it. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, you got a 36T to work with the eTap derailleur? Wow that baby's got range. I struggled to get my ultegra di2 long-cage derailleur to work with a 36T dog.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wolf Roth road link. No problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So awesome. I have one and an XT 11-40 cassette that I want to give a shot on the Emonda you sold me. Currently 44x11-32 with Ultegra Di2. Looking to get a little more range on each end with a slightly larger front ring. We'll see how I like the jumps.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Wanted to keep the top end as much as possible with the 50t ring I have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember when front derailleurs were a thing....
Here's what the TT bike looks like right now and both the cross bike (42T front) and road (52T) are set up with Force1 as well (thanks Sram ;)

The answer to your first question, is yes.....I'm tall.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have issues with shifting to the higher gear and chain falling off chainring?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
My wife tells me to hold my tongue and let it slide off my back. But sometimes people just come off as such snobs that I can't stand it. There are some people here who haven't been very kind to people using doubles, while I am still using a triple! Why? Because my bike is old but still works, and there is nothing wrong with my Ultegra components that makes me want to spend money that I really don't have to get a new crank and derailleurs just to avoid being ostracized by snobby people. Want to make fun of me because I ride a triple? Go ahead. The problem is yours, not mine. I really don't care. Really. Now I'm sorry that this really doesn't have a lot to do with this thread, but neither did a lot of the "Why are you still using a double?" remarks. Please try to remember that not everyone is compelled to change components just for the sake of change (or to save what essentially amounts to a minimal amount of time in a race). Nor does everyone have the money to be doing so when what they have still works. Cheers.

I didn't take the comment as snobby. I think it was meant as- you don't need a triple anymore with newer gear. Frankly, my 9 speed was fine by me. Now we have 10, now 11. I'm sure the bike industry will push 12 by the time we all fully accept 11 speed.

On a different note, I have single speed, double ring, and 1x10 mountain bikes. I ride what I want to, not what is "better". They are just different, not better. If your triple works for you- rock that shit. Ultegra will last forever, it's a great groupo. When you get a different bike someday, we all eventually do- then decide what route is best for you. For me- I have not gone single in front on road and I have no desire to. Until I ride and never use my small ring, I want it to keep it!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12 speed. That's ridiculous. I have an idea that will blow 12 speed out of the water. 13 speed!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
12 speed. That's ridiculous. I have an idea that will blow 12 speed out of the water. 13 speed!!!

Don't laugh too hard! I bet it will be a 13 speed internal shifting hub too!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about this?

https://www.sram.com/sram/urban/family/dd3-pulse

It's automatic!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That electrical tape on the front wheel looks a more then a little tired. Also The Zipp decals are clearly not aligned. Com'on brah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my 1x Shiv.
More pics HERE
(shameless plug that it's up for sale in the classifieds)

Last edited by: davews09: Jun 30, 16 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wtf?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg made me do it,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img][/img]
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Jul 1, 16 5:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
Not a direct reply to you, just want to add my last build. Waiting on a few pieces and better pics to come later.

1x specs:

50t absolute black chainrings
E tap rear derailleur
Wolf tooth road link
11-36 cassette (likely overkill but wanted to feel it out before committing to a smaller cassette)

Notes: waiting on the blip grips and need to get hockey/racket tape for the basebar

Isn't Etap RD made only to accept a maximum of 28 in the cassette? Does your setup really work?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [larf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wolf tooth road link makes it work perfectly. No issues at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't resist zachboring's awesome etap deal. Sram etap 1x with 48 chainring and 11-32t shimano 105 cassette. The rear derailleur clears the 32t.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Absolutely beautiful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bravo. Bravo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duuuuhhhhhhh-ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm...........

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those the new Zipp evo extensions?
Quote Reply

Prev Next