Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed Fibre-Lyte to see if they have any ideas on how to make a cool custom chain guide for a road FD.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have a 110 on my TT bike which is where I am going 1x now. But might change up the roadie too and get a 52 for that one. At least on my roadie I can take the FD hanger off so it'll look much nicer.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
Am I missing a 50t new (4 bolt 110) Shimano single ring anywhere? Other than Fibre Lyte? Or SOL?

I've been looking for a 48 or 50t for the 4-bolt Shimano too. No luck so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the reply, I figured I had scoured most everywhere. I'm running Falco's single ring now, but even though it's just for TT's (and with a wide cassette) I need a smaller ring. I'll probably give Fibre Lyte a go, have used their stuff in the past to good effect.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No narrow/wide option is the only thing that gives me pause with the FLytes. I'm not really interested in running a bash guard or catcher, not sure if I will feel ok without some bit of "assurance"

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evidently I don't know how to upload pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed with the taller teeth on the fibre-lytes and I have been using them for years as well. Zero issues as well.

Stephen at fibre-lyte said if we can come up with a simple adjustable chain guide design for a road FD he would look into making some.
Last edited by: BMANX: May 5, 16 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, as usual I shall follow the ST hive mind and get some FLytes on the way.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was running a Wolftooth 52 tooth narrow wide ring with an 11-32 cassette. I am now running an Absolute black 50 tooth oval ring direct mount on a SRAM X1 crank. It is flawless and covers almost any terrain.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [nrfosnaugh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like my wolftooth rings on my cross bike, unfortunately they don't make a 4bolt any bigger than a 44t (which stinks... they make a 50t 5 bolt) Likewise no option from black.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uote Orbilius]Posted before, but here it is again.

Cervelo P5-6, 54 x-sync chainring, Force 22 RD (not clutch), Sram 11-32 cassettes, FD mount removed, just one shifter.

So far very happy. I will run a smaller cassette for some of my flat TTs.

Very similar gear range to my 53/39 11/25 setup.

[/quote]Been thinking about doing similar on my TT bike. I currently run a 50 11-28 combo, never use my small chain ring or go to 28 on the rear. I also feel like I spin out with my 50, not a super high cadence guy... so a 52/53/54 11-28 might just be what I'd want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Still cant figure out the pics.
52-11/28.
Shifts to all gears well, but is it just me or does the narrow/wide chainring seem to hold the chain through rotation seemingly creating more resistance. It also seems louder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is contrary to my experience. The first thing I noticed with my 1 x setup was that it is eerily quiet. What chain are you using?

For reference:
Bike - Allez Sprint 1X
Chainring - 50T X-Sync
Chain - Sram 1170 (I think)
Cassette - Red 11-28
Rear Derailleur - Force X1
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not carbon (and not cheap), but k-edge makes a pretty slick chain guide specifically for SRAM 1x.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red 22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Odd....next question. Is it clean and well lubed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brand new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely not worried about dropping the chain. It really holds its up front and that seems to be where the resistance and noise comes from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still weird....every review I have read talks about how quiet it is, and that was my first impression as well.

The only other idea I have is to strip the heavy coat of grease SRAM ships their chains in and apply a lube. But that really shouldn't make much of a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thought. My Red 22 set up was pretty worn. I didn't measure the old chain, but I'm sure it was stretched and loose. When the Red 22 set up was clean and tuned, it was quiet and smooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You didn't put an old worn out chain on the new chain ring did you?
Quote Reply

Prev Next