Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I'm late to the party here. I built this out Spring of 2014 and raced it at TWN 70.3 that same year.
Gearing: 46T 11-30 (this is what I found to work very well for me) There are plenty of options to pick from and you should explore and experiment with them.

I maintained the LEFT shifter as I like the completeness of the look and also it works best on how my hand rest on the bar end.

Having a power meter, I felt, was very important when running a 1X system. It keeps you in the desired range and honest through out your race.

Last edited by: XX29er: Dec 10, 15 5:46
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [XX29er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks fantastic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 11-30 set, what are the jumps between cogs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What RD are you using with the 11/30
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [runitaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The jumps on the SRAM RED XG-1190 11-30 cassette:
11-30: 11,12,13,14,15,17,19,21,24,27, 30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM Force1 RD Type 2.1medium cage
RD cassette compatibility: Medium cage - 11-26 through 11-36
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be a dumb question but could I just simply take an older SRAM Force 10speed chainset (2x10), remove the chainrings and bolt on a new Sram x-synch chainring (obviously only 52 or 54 as it's 130 bcd) to the existing cranks arm?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Saladkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it should be that simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Saladkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done exactly this with one of my Red 10sp cranks and I'm about to do it with one of my Red 22 cranks as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this thread, and the irony it brings. Glad to see so many people embracing what was unthinkable a year ago.

While my rig is not sexy, it's more of a training tool than some of these other rockets posted up here. Loving these full on TT bikes with 1x. So so clean.

Full details on my ugly 1x are here: http://www.pursuethepodium.com/ptp/2015/11/the-gerat

Last edited by: %FTP: Dec 14, 15 11:31
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love this build and will have to read about it after work. WELL DONE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some new pics but still waiting for my DASH Saddle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally have my build ready to test ride.

14.75 lbs. of aero goodness. I have a few more tweaks to make but it will get its maiden voyage this weekend.

Brake pads shown are for tomorrows ride as I will use my FLO 30's

Last edited by: BMANX: Apr 1, 16 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is hot!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just an upgrade of my setup previously posted. Now force Cx1 rear der, Sram Red Quarq, ISM attack Saddle
and 120mm -17° Zipp Sl Service Course Stem. Love all the stealth bikes of this thread !
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in building up a new bike with a Rotor QX1 narrow-wide ring. Anyone have any experience with these?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gabbie....Are you getting any noise in your rides? My set up is making excessive (Huffy like) noise in my largest three rear cogs. I am running a standard 2x Rotor 3d + crankset, Red medium cage RD and a SRAM N/W 48 T chainring
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
There seems to be more and more people doing 1 X ?? (1 X 10 / 1 X 11) builds these days and it would be great to see how people have gone about their builds. I would like to see a picture (ST approved of course) of the bike and a close up picture of the front drivetrain area and any mods they have done on the front end (aerobars/drop bars and shifters)

I am currently doing a build and will post pictures shortly as my new front ring should be here in the next week or so but wanted to get the bike rolling so to speak.

Look forward to seeing what people have done that have gone down this road.

How does cadence from a standard (e.g. 53/39/11-23 11sp) set up compare to a 1x (e.g. 48T 11-28) set up?
Last edited by: garytingley: Apr 3, 16 20:40
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [garytingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure how they compare as I am still setting up my build to see how it goes. I will do some courses on my road bike and tri bike to compare.

Most of my training rides are done with a 50/36 and a 12/28 rear. I am able to stay in my big ring for most of the rides with the exception of the west coast hills that I have to manage which are from 6% to 13% around my home.

For the races that I will be doing next year, they will be short and no hills.

So I will be running a 46t front with an 11/23 rear. The 46/11 will give a slight edge over the 50/12 that I was riding before but we are talking .4 difference in regards to gear inches. I will not have the bail out gears that I normally have but I should have a much closer ration in my gears and my assumption is that I will be able to manage my cadence much better than say running my 50t with an 11/23.

The whole 1x set up for me is about finding the best option for my racing and for the most part I am only really losing 2-3 gears overall but without all of the gear changing required to achieve those gears while racing. I like the simplistic nature of the 1x set up.

As for the aeroness of the set up with hanger still on the frame, it really is a wash for now I believe and I am a weight weenie at heart so if I can save some additional weight that works for me.
Last edited by: BMANX: Apr 4, 16 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Rotor QX1 rings look very nice but do not fit on a Quarq. Just something to be aware of.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i wanted to put a QCX1 44T on my Quarq 110mm but it does not fit because of the battery. Shame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my P5-S1x. Sram force 165's cranks with 48t chainring., 11-28t ultegra cassette, force RD, sram 1190 R2c, powertap P1 pedals

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK that is pure straight up sexy. WOW!

How are you finding the gearing as that is what I am running but with a 46t for trial for now. Yesterday I did a 2 hour ride on my road bike and tried to stay in my 50t (11-28) on the rear and there was a few hills that I could have rode in the 50 but took it easy in my 36. The next ride will be on my 1x tri build to test it out again but for a longer ride. first ride was amazing.
Last edited by: BMANX: Apr 19, 16 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking to go the 1x route on my TT bike. No races with hills but I am beating myself up over what I should run. Currently I run a 52/36 with 11-25. Sram doesn't make a 52 tooth 110 bcd so I would have to go with 50 on that crank. I also have another crank that's 130 bcd on my roadie I could just switch over and get the 52 for the 130bcd. Thinking I will go with 11-28 rear since that'll give me enough range. I WANT to just go with the 50 but WHAT IF I need to push over 32 MPH at 90 RPM down a hill?! Blah I guess I could just up the cadence to 100 and get 35.5. I just like the look of the 1x and I have ZERO hills here in the Chicago area where I would need anything for training either.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of my rides are in the south and central parts of your great state. I am running a 52 with 11-28 cassette. Running out of gears with a tailwind has been a more common occurrence than I expected. I prefer a "slow cadence" in the 75 range, so anything over ~27-28 mph requires spinning up, which raises the HR without much additional power output or speed gain. On the other end, I have yet to feel that I needed an easier gear.
Quote Reply

Prev Next