Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chainring bolts and spider? where are they?

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They bolts are on the spider behind the scale on the work bench. No need to be anywhere else at this point
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Tri_Dane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try to take a picture at some point over the weekend. I am still waiting for the new SIGMA X to come out which is the stem that I want to use. Right now using the SIGMA.

The bike currently sits at 13.75lbs but is still missing the chain, cables/housings, front brake and catalyst disc cover. Finished weight for this build should be in the low 15's or high 14's

Should be nice when completed. The front end is still a bit high but I do not want to play with it too much until I have the new SIGMA X. So I do not really want to cable it either until I have that as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go. As mentioned I still need to slam the stem and raise the armpads.

Last edited by: BMANX: Nov 28, 15 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like your paint scheme.

What is the crankset?

I assume you are not going to have a p2m powermeter :)
Last edited by: Tri_Dane: Nov 28, 15 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No power meters on this bike "YET" but I have other options for training with power.

The cranks are an older pair of FSA cranks that have a removable spider and I have used these for a very long time with great success. The cranks without BB are only 535g so pretty light. I currently have them on my MTB as well with a 32t spiderless ring set up. Never dropped a chain ever while on the MTB and no clutch RD either. Fibre-Lyte have built me some amazing items over the years like a full carbon single speed conversion kit and many rings. I was surprised that the 16t cog in carbon held up as long as it has.

I will run this one for a while and see how it turns out. If I do need a bigger ring then I will get one as well and just use this one on a rode bike built that I am thinking of doing with a cheap carbon frame with removable FD. I have enough parts in the garage to build up a very nice 11 lbs. 1 X 10 road bike.

Just need NICK at TRIRIG to get on the new stem so that I can complete the build but I will use the old tririg stem for now.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on running a 1x system on an old frame I just picked up. I have a spare Ui2 climbing shifter (I thought it was a neat option to have when I went Ui2, but found I never used it, so took it off). Hence, if i use the climbing shifter to handle the gear change, will I need the junction box, or can i just run the wire down to the wiring junction? I don't need the battery indicator function, as can check the battery status on my other bike when required. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [trimon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need an "A" junction somewhere in the system. Could be the 3 or 5 junction box, but I haven't tried without it.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your response. Btw, I just found the thread you started on the topic. I like SuperDave's option: shall research that a bit further. Shame he didn't elaborate on how he got his system to work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine:

1x7. Ride it every day :-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used some 6770 Brifters and a 6870 rear derailleur for a 1x11 setup. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll show you my setup and "wiring diagram".

I used the mini junction. With the female end and a wire going to the shifter and the two male outputs going to the battery and the rear derailleur (via one of the mini B boxes).

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy moly BMANX. Absolutely amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Here you go. As mentioned I still need to slam the stem and raise the armpads.

BMANX wrote:
I have a new ring arriving this week from Fibre-Lyte I believe so I will take a picture of it when it is here and next to a standard ring. I do believe their rings are a bit deeper which is why I have never had a dropped chain every with them while running 1 X 10 set ups.
Sure looks like a dropped chain to me... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea how much that carbon fiber chainring weighs alone? Everything is looking pretty sharp, nice build.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
108g total weight.

The spider and rings that I had were 194g total weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What life expectancy does everyone have (or experience) with the FiberLyte rings? I'm really tempted, but don't want to change out an expensive ring every couple of months
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Shinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have over 3000 on a pair of standard rings so far and no issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is pretty darn light. What about the entire crank weight with chainrings? I'm guessing somewhere in between 450-550grams.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good guess. The cranks are 460g. 170g for the non drive arm and 290 for the drive arm and ring. The BB that I use is 155g.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlot12 wrote:
Hi,

Use this setup on my first tri. 1x10 with Sram Force der (normal, not cx1), sram rival shifter, sram x-sync 44t chainring and 11-25 cassette.
Switch to sram red Quarq since the picture.That's my "light" bike, I have a tri bike too but not 1x

I'm such a sucker for 1x's... This is seriously sick.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is really good. I was aiming for that range when I started making my own crank out of cf but the spindle layup really sets me back... Not easy to achieve a sub 500 gram crank without compromising strength
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimon wrote:
Thanks for your response. Btw, I just found the thread you started on the topic. I like SuperDave's option: shall research that a bit further. Shame he didn't elaborate on how he got his system to work.

You need to find an older EW-6770A junction from Ultegra 10s Di2.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Cloy26, really like the full black of Bmanx too !
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally got around to to finishing my build. I previously had Ultegra 6800 on this bike but drank the SRAM koolaid and went full 1x11.

I changed over to 1190 R2C shifters, 52T chainring, Force 1 RD, 1170 11/32 and 11/36 cassettes, and a RED chain. Since I just got it back together a little while ago I haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. The only thing left is for TriRig to release their new stem and I'll be set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think while I wait for some parts to arrive, I am going to just cable the RD and put this on the trainer for a while. Brakes should arrive this week but I do not want to cable anything until I can get the new TriRig stem on when they are available. See how this works out over the Christmas break.
Quote Reply

Prev Next