Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so here's my two-coloured 12 speed, 1X beast for this year. If you don't need more than 50T up front, the Absolute Black Oval 1X chainring for Sram Direct Mount looks pretty awesome.

Since I did not want to have to spend a fortune in a new cassette, specific XDR freewheel for my HED disc wheel, specific chain and specific crankset... I used a Rotor 11-36 12 speed cassette. It works like a charm with a standard Eagle MTB 12 speed chain and the aforementioned chainring.

Many thanks to D-Bikelab by Dephion Performance in Spain.

Last edited by: duduardoman: Apr 24, 20 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That build is just... wow. WOW. Well done sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! which rear derailleur are you using? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this guy on TriRig a few weeks ago. Legit probably my absolute favorite build I've ever seen. I've been a big fan of the Andean since it came out and that paint job is absolutely incredible. Nice work on everything. Which races will you be at this year? I'd love to get a look at it in person.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn that is incredible. Well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm back, this is brilliant. So that is road AXS RD?

Now you've got me thinking about doing the same thing but with the AXS mountain bike upgrade kit that's $1k. I like the idea of the mountain bike controller better than the blip box. Can mount the mtb controller at the end of the extensions and shift from there. Hmmm....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exceptional! Probably won't see another like it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your bike looks stunning, nice work!

I wonder, how did you get the camelbak/specialized fuelselage or similar in your downtube? Is it fixed in any way to the frame?

Thanks and have fun racing your bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the money, it's a wicked fast setup. Updated to show the pad angle shims and trimmed bars. Working on something for the pad to ski height thing since I'm too poor for Di2. I don't lay that far out on the skis anyway, just haven't had the money to buy more skis yet.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
I'm back, this is brilliant. So that is road AXS RD?

Now you've got me thinking about doing the same thing but with the AXS mountain bike upgrade kit that's $1k. I like the idea of the mountain bike controller better than the blip box. Can mount the mtb controller at the end of the extensions and shift from there. Hmmm....

I’ve contemplated the exact same setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seen people advice against using the double crank by just removing the inner ring as even with correct chain and thin/narrow ring it would still cause issues.

Has anyone actually done it this way and whats their thoughts?
Currently have a Quarq 39/53 and would like to avoid splashing out on a 1X PM if i could. Prob go with a 52 ring and switch between 11-28 & 11-32.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Rodneyr1981] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodneyr1981 wrote:
I seen people advice against using the double crank by just removing the inner ring as even with correct chain and thin/narrow ring it would still cause issues.

Has anyone actually done it this way and whats their thoughts?
Currently have a Quarq 39/53 and would like to avoid splashing out on a 1X PM if i could. Prob go with a 52 ring and switch between 11-28 & 11-32.

Thanks
Works perfectly fine. The chainline might be slightly less than ideal but you can just play with ring size to make it more perfect if you want.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears he is using a force RD, on the website it says max 33t but he is using rotor 11-36.

Having said that I have gone to 32t on many short cage RD without issue.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodneyr1981 wrote:

Thanks

1x chain rings move the chain inward because the chain is centered on the ring. Look at the big ring on your 2x. The teeth are usually centered on the outside edge of the ring (off center).
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Sorry for my late reply... yes, that's a Force AXS RD. It does reach the 36T of the 11-36 12 speed Rotor cassette.

Actually the AXS MTB idea sounds pretty good... Though I suppose the new Vuka 90 AXS extensions is probably the best and cleanest way to go if the angle is good for your position and you want to get rid of the blipbox (and the blips while you're at it since the package includes the new multiclics).
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It's a Fuelselage bladder from the old Shiv that's been cut to fit the downtube and fixed with strong velcro tape. It is meant only for nutrition as it cannot be refilled during the race. The new Shiv Disc's Fuelselage bladder would fit even better.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use a 1x spider on the flow cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SydRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the track spider? No, it's the 110 BCD road spider. The WolfTooth (and other) 1x chainrings have centered teeth. On 2x, the outside rings center them on the outer edge. So switching to 1x chainrings alone moves the chain in a bit
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understood when they first produced the cranks there was an option for 1x. I have a flow crank with 130 BCD. What chainring was it you used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously...I just love your bike...I come back to this just to drool!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SydRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Mine was 2x and I put a WolfTooth 1x ring on it. The carbon is a thin carbon cover made by Alden
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Feb 12, 22 1:39
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rodneyr1981 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt IA10 size 56
TriRig Aplha x
SRAM 52/11-32
Quarq Crank
Tririg front and rear brakes
Flo's Disc/60 or 90/60
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats the best looking bike I have ever seen..seriously I can't stop looking at it.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This is Bianca!

Frame: Quintana Roo PRFive (rim brake)
Cockpit: Tririg Alpha One with Gamma One extensions
Brakes: Tririg Omega
Crank: Verve Infocrank
Chainring: Wolftooth No Drop 52t
Derailleur: Shimano GRX Di2 (long cage)
Cassette: Shimano 11-34t