Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Thanks! What kind of shift ramp do you mean that was giving you issues? I didn't see any issues in the jumps I'm going to have since on a mountainbike cassette you often have bigger (5 teeth) jumps in between gears but I'm a newb when it comes to 1x so I might be wrong.

You got a great explanation but I'll try and expand on it a bit. I was trying to piece together a 12-25 and 11-30 cassette to make a 12-30. If you look at a Shimano cassette the shifts ramps need to progress in a precise way to work properly. Someone told me that they pieced together a cassette and it worked ok with Di2, but I use mechanical and I definitely had an issue at the spot where I changed the pattern; in both directions as I recall. The only way I could get it to shift was to go two and back one. I just put this bike together recently though and the shifting isn't that great even with the regular cassette. Need to check the derailleur alignment....

I have 1x11 XT on an MTB and it shifts big jumps beautifully.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heres my Giant Trinity, bought earlier this year. Immediately went 1x with a 52t Stone aero chainring. Haven't had any problems using a mechanical 11speed Ultegra mech. Looking to move to a 54t or more next year. Sorry for the weird picture (many sins committed), this was after I got it ready for my first ever sprint triathlon. Currently on a 11-30 cassette which came on the bike but I might get something that has a bit tighter spacing.

Last edited by: nversteege: Aug 28, 19 0:11
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

SRAM Force1 1x11 shifting, E13 9-34 cassette, and an Absolute Black 44 tooth elliptical chainring on a Quarq crank with 170mm arms.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what brakes are you running?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trp Spyres, the best mechanical brake I've ever used. TT hydro brakes still seem too clunky.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just built a 1x Omni. SRAM eTap AXS 1x 12-speed. 50T aero chainring and 10-28 cassette.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks really good...which saddle is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have excellent taste in brake levers sir. How do you like your Omni? Also... is that Nocatee?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Looks really good...which saddle is that?

Specialized Sitero (previous version).

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
You have excellent taste in brake levers sir. How do you like your Omni? Also... is that Nocatee?

I love those brake levers. Makes adjusting brakes easy. Even though it’s already super easy to adjust the Omega X.

I literally just finished it up over the weekend so I haven’t ridden it yet.

Yes, I live in Nocatee.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [cborrman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my gravel bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just got this frame built up today...looking forward to getting it out on the road.
Last edited by: zooropa: Nov 11, 19 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another 1x Omni! I've made a few small changes since it was on TriRig.com.

Garbaruk 56t aero chainring w/ power2max ngeco. Red 22 rd. Princeton Carbonworks Wake 6560 wheels. New 115mm rise TriRig extensions. Dash saddle. Homemade computer mount.

The drivetrain:

Love the way the nude carbon looks in the sun:

Home-made mount made from a spare carbon extension, 2 zipties, and a garmin quarter turn mount:

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great, Ben! I love the personal touches. You've made the bike yours, without compromising anything. Enjoy the ride!!!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size cassettes are you running in back for training and racing?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
What size cassettes are you running in back for training and racing?
An 11-32 is pictured, and that's usually what I race with as well unless I have a dead flat course. On those courses (Eagleman, Waco, Indian Wells) this year, I run an 11-28. The 32 is generally enough for a bailout climbing gear regardless of difficulty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Not sure how steep of grades those courses have, but 46 gear inches for a bailout is impressive

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently I don't mind low cadence stuff. Not necessarily the single steepest, but probably the longest and hardest climb in my area is Sandia Crest, a 14 mile, 2 part climb with a brief reprieve about half way up. Starts at 6700ft and ends at 10,700ft. The 2nd portion is steeper and harder, 6.28 miles at 6% steady. Before I got rid of the Ceepo, I climbed it one last time with averages of 261w, 68rpm, 9.5mph. I'm pretty sure there's no race out there with anything quite that bad and that 68rpms didn't feel too bad on a 26 pound bike! I did spend pretty much the entire time in the 56x32 though...

Last edited by: realbdeal: Nov 25, 19 19:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is how my projet got started last week
https://imgur.com/YRkvnRH

ordered
-Italia SLR all black saddle
-Mavic Ksyrium pro wheels
- Quarq Zero +44T X sync crank

Now I have to figure out what stem length I need and see if I switch the handlebar to Easton or if I keep my Thomson that I think might be a bit too wide. Being quite picky on bike aesthetic, I want the stem/handlebar and seatpost to be the same brand.

gearing was 38 (will be 44), 11-32.
Last edited by: zambony: Nov 26, 19 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bike has been posted here before, but not in this format! Finally finished piecing together parts to convert my old p3c to a road build. Really happy with how it turned out. Haven't gotten any rides aside from up and down the block but should be a blast to ride. I've never owned a bike nearly this light, coming it at 16.6 pounds as pictured here. Not bad for a 61cm aero road bike! The PCW wheels help keep the weight down for sure. I probably need a new stem as well to add a bit of height and reach and a Dash saddle will be added in a bit also.

I'm also going to strip and repaint the bike. Not sure what I want to do with it yet but I want it to be wild and unique. Taking suggestions!

Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 7, 20 11:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How'd you remove the FD hanger? I have been on a 1x speed concept for a while and I'm dying to get rid of the FD hanger that's riveted on.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drilled it out awhile ago. Just pick the correct size bit and you'll be good! At least that was good with this bike, not sure if the SC is much different.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Trek uses epoxy in addition to the rivets. I'm debating drilling out the rivets and either using a heat gun to heat the epoxy or taking a dremel and grinding it off. I am a little hesitant to do either because I don't want to compromise the integrity of the carbon.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! I've always had a soft spot for P3Cs built up as road bikes.

What saddle is that?

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next