Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had several hundred miles on my 1x setup without a dropped chain, but first one came last weekend when going about 32mph, coasting and hitting a bumpy stretch of road.

Setup was Rotor QX1 narrow/wide chainring and Di2 9070 RD with Ceramicspeed OSPW. So not a clutch derailleur.

I had the Aerocoach chain guide, just has not gotten around to installing it yet. So bike now has the Aerocoach 1x chainring and the Aerocoach chain guide. Should solve any chain drops. Chain will be shortened.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you find the chain line with the arc chain ring? I use the 52t arc chainring which is aluminum and the top 3 sprockets are noisey, a bit annoying to be honest... using a 12-25 cassette but planning on changing to a 28 or a 32, crank is a power2max rotor
Last edited by: aidan77: May 14, 18 11:49
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This build ended up taking much longer than I'd hoped. Found a clearance issue with the 2012 Flo Disc's fairing and the width of the chainstays on the P4, so I had to order a new wheel after getting it all ready to ride!

Originally bought the frame stock from someone who acquired Team Garmin's bikes, and I had it sent to a painter for a few weeks while I waited for the TriRig Alpha One bars to come in (back-order was about 6 weeks).

New Flo disc came in tonight and finally got it all built up for my race in 10 days (70.3 Muncie). Will cut the mono-post on the bars this weekend, but wanted to post pics regardless.

Full setup is as follows...

Frame: 2009 Cervelo P4
Bars: TriRig Alpha One w/ Gamma Extensions and Ergo Cups
Brakes: TriRig Omega X (front) - Proprietary Cervelo P4 (rear)
Shifter: SRAM 1190 R2C
Crankset: SRAM Rival arms, SRAM Force 1X 54T
Rear Der: SRAM Force 11
Wheels: Flo Alum/Carbon Disc/90
Tires: Conti TT 23mm w/ latex tubes
Seat: ISM Adamo Road
Pedals: PowerTap P1

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt-
You will CRUSH bike courses on this beast. Nice build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From one P4 rider to another that is damn good looking!

Did you wrap the bottle with gloss vinyl?
How did you mount the bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
From one P4 rider to another that is damn good looking!

Did you wrap the bottle with gloss vinyl?
How did you mount the bottle?

Thanks man! And I did! Worked so well and was so much easier than I had thought it’d be. I just drilled holes in the bottle where the bottle bosses are on the frame and then screwed it onto the frame! Super easy, no cage required!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sorry for the shade but you get the idea, near 20 year old C4 carbon crono, strange geometry and heavy but full of character.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark said my Argon 18 E-119 build is really excellent, and I should post it on ST so you can tell me why it sucks. Here's a few photos. But if you want to see my crummy photo-taking skills in higher quality, check out my website below. As a bonus, I've included a summary of my 2016 wind tunnel results.
https://www.mid-atlantictriathlete.com/...n18e1191x11aerobuild

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM Red 11-32 Cassette
Shimano XTR di2 RD
Rotor QX1 52T Narrow/Wide chainring
S-works Quarq power meter
Shimano DuraAce chain w/Squirt lube
TriRig Alpha One AeroBar
TriRig Omega X front brake (soon to be rear also)
Dash Stage 9 saddle
Conti TT 23 front || 25 rear w/race light tubes
Zipp 404/808

The XLAB torpedo didn't work (it blocked the Garmin) so its been switched to the Profile Design Aero HC, but the Garmin is now very far back, almost between my elbows. Looking for an alternative....

I went with the XRT RD for the clutch at suggestion of shop mechanic.

I have secured the di2 wires to the monopost to tidy up the front. Still have to trim the monopost, waiting for the new one and more testing to make sure the height is prefect. I may adjust the front brake wire....

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Last edited by: ryryrocco: Aug 6, 18 15:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice Build. How is the position on the aerobars with the garmin so far out front and taped on? Do you just lay your hands on top and not wrap the bars? Also, what are you using to attach the straw to the torpedo, looks like its sitting on top and not tucked in to the dolphin that comes with it. Very nice bike!

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [hetron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet build! Never saw the Alden Cover for the fibre lite chain ring before, that thing looks awesome! Looked at their other products, glad I did. Interested in a few. Very creative placement of the tube in the seat also.

Dark Mark was right.

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryryrocco wrote:
Nice Build. How is the position on the aerobars with the garmin so far out front and taped on? Do you just lay your hands on top and not wrap the bars? Also, what are you using to attach the straw to the torpedo, looks like its sitting on top and not tucked in to the dolphin that comes with it. Very nice bike!

I set my hands on top of the Garmin. It’s just being held by electrical tape—worked amazingly. Have never wrapped bars on a TT bike. The carbon on the TriRig Alpha One have a texture that feels great for grip.

As for the straw, it is attached with small biscuit-shaped neodymium magnets. Works super well and keeps the straw aero all race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
ryryrocco wrote:

I set my hands on top of the Garmin. It’s just being held by electrical tape—worked amazingly. Have never wrapped bars on a TT bike. The carbon on the TriRig Alpha One have a texture that feels great for grip.

As for the straw, it is attached with small biscuit-shaped neodymium magnets. Works super well and keeps the straw aero all race!

Interesting. May unwrap and give it a shot. Can you upload a picture showing the straw detail?

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking build. Out of curiosity, where are you hiding your Di2 junction box?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Great looking build. Out of curiosity, where are you hiding your Di2 junction box?

Thanks. Its in this compartment

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s slick!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here is my new P5 three...just finished it up today...

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sram etap (clics and blips)
Quarq 52t
11-32 rear cassette
red wifli rd

ran all cables internally which was an enormous test of patience..... j-box in bento.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man...that is a nice looking bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:

BMANX, did you make or buy that shifter blank? I'm looking to do something similar with my front 1190 R2C shifter for my 1x project.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a machine shop at work and had them just make a couple of these up for me. I wanted to have something there as I was using the extensions with the built in mounting. Now that I have changed, I will not use this any longer and move to the TriRig Bullet plug.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride. Was the FD hanger built-in or rivited?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK thanks! I was also looking as those bullet plugs. might give them a go
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it’s the same with the R2C but with my sram ones you can take the lever off and just leave the plug part. Not sure if it would fit well without it though. For mine I just kept both levers since I rest my hands on them so I like having it there.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next