Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
PBT_2009 wrote:

1. I would like to have 11-32 and 11-36 cassettes, running the 32 most of time and just having the 36 if I have a ride with excessively steep stuff. Will the same chain work with those 2 cassettes?

Chain it optimally for the 36, it will run on the 32 just fine. You'll only have one more full link that optimal for the 32, and the clutched SRAM 1x derailleur can handle that with no issue.

Hah, well that's logical probably should have thought of that on my own. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
2. I have a 2011 cannondale slice frame. Front der hanger is riveted on. I've read what I can about removing rivets and prying the hanger off, but has anyone just cut the protruding part of a hanger off? I'm afraid of damaging the frame with the heat gun/pry off method. If I like the 1x I'm going to want to get rid of that hanger if I can so it looks clean (and aero, duh!), just want to re open discussion on what to do about those riveted hangers.

I did the same thing to a Shiv & it worked out pretty well. I took the 'standard' approach to removing rivets - I simply drilled them out. I recommend starting with a narrow bit and gradually increasing bit diameter until you get to the actual ID of the rivet. Drilling was a piece of cake but for the Shiv the FD mount is also cemented to the frame. To un-cement the FD mount from the frame I used a small hammer to slowly tap a razor blade in between the FD mount and the frame. I found it helpful to use a little piece of wood (couple mm diameter) as a wedge / shim. After repeating this process from a few different angles the FD mount came off and what I was left with is as follows:

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will stop posting on this thread after this ;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Last edited by: sergio: Oct 31, 17 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Van Nicholas Astreaus, Grossglockner 2500m
11-42 Shimano mtb cassette and 48 up front

It's only impossible if you stop to think about it.
Last edited by: Mooks: Oct 31, 17 15:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this frame new a month or so ago...just finished building it up...ready to ride...

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job!

What bar did you end up going with?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3T Vola LTD...pads ended up higher than my P3c build...going to try it like this first...might need to take those spacers out...will see what the PM says. I got the 3T hydration bridge too...very light...but seems a little flimsy...will have to watch that too.

Also my LBS is getting me a cervelo water bottle...I have found that custom mount/bracket too...so will convert that to my flat kit...

I’m really happy with it...just Love the look...as solid a bike as is out there...imo
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few mix and match 3T spacers. Hit me up if you want to try different heights. Happy to send some your way so you don't have to buy first - they are pricey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be resurrecting an old thread here but I wanted to add my new 1x rig.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ferreal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferreal wrote:
I may be resurrecting an old thread here but I wanted to add my new 1x rig.

Wait.....where'd you get that?? Nice bike! I really want the new System Six when it comes out.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really want to get rid of the front derailleur hanger.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: May 8, 18 4:43
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i drilled out my rivets and took the plate off (it's also glued on) looks ugly but it's gone.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found your blog post last week—I'm really considering it. But, what's the likelihood of longterm damage? I have an "A" race in four days and would really prefer a fully functioning bike for the race. How much wattage am I really going to be cutting down? I'm also considering paraffin wax on the chain (never done it before).

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you won't help the resell value of it that's for sure ;)

So long as you know what you're doing and avoid something catastrophic like just drilling into the frame, I suspect the "damage" is minimal. You could even re-rivet it at a later date. That said, any time you start modifying a frame it's not a 0.0% chance of something going wrong.

Savings... that one is tough.

Stick with the wax for this race!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm fortunate enough to know somebody who knew somebody.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice bike, but why the huge tilt on the saddle angle ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still working on my position so the tilt will be less dramatic than shown here but I like it tipped down a bit to allow me to get a bit lower, plus I feel it keeps me locked in a little better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Gulf Coast 70.3 this weekend
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chain drops? I am considering 1x on my P4, but fear the extremely short chainstay will create sharpe angles in the easiest and hardest gears.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zero.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just converted my P5 to a 1x10.

XSync 52T on Quarq Elsa
Rival clutch RD

Works like a champ.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gfzyriek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering what your cassette range in the back is then? Trying to nail down my gearing.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [dmabraham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in a flat-to-rolling area. My ideal cadence is ~95 rpm.

Training - 12x28
Racing - 11x26

I got the Rival mid-cage so if I had a REALLY hilly race I could go up to an 36 on the back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next