Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know when you're a strong enough Rider to build a One X TT bike
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Decided to switch over to 1x this year since most of my races are pretty flat. So far so good. Etap is working great. I 'm working on some custom blips to keep things nice and clean.
So were you able to remove the front derailleur mount entirely? Apparently, the 'switch' frames test something like 4w slower using 1x, but I think i would trade that for simplicity and cleanliness.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not about strength (I have quite a low FTP), it's about choosing the gearing that works on the courses you ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. Mine was only a screwed on plate (2016 CD0.1).

That's odd that they would test slower with 1x. I would think that with the removed derailleur and slightly more inward chainring the worst that could happen was remain the same aerodynamically.

Was it just the frame that as tested? Or did it include a rider/mannequin?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are lucky if yours was screwed on because mine wasn't but that did not stop me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Yup. Mine was only a screwed on plate (2016 CD0.1).

That's odd that they would test slower with 1x. I would think that with the removed derailleur and slightly more inward chainring the worst that could happen was remain the same aerodynamically.

Was it just the frame that as tested? Or did it include a rider/mannequin?
I think it was rider, legs moving in tunnel, on an illicito. I was surprised as well. I'll search the site to see if I can find the post that shared these results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1x on the roadie

[
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super excited today. Was tweaking my fit after installing the Sigma X stem and new Fibre-Lyte 50t ring and have the build down to 6.8kg (15 lbs.). This is with the Catalyst rear disc cover installed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLICK build! Wow that's a good looking bike! :)

Edit: how do you like the absolute black chainring?
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Mar 13, 17 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just one ride on it so far but I liked it. I did not notice any difference really, but maybe I felt a little more "umph" on the downstroke - though that may have been imagined. Looking forward to their 54 coming out.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be curious what you'd find if you uploaded your shift data to di2stats.com

I'd guess the "need" for a 54 has less to do with needing more "oomph" and more to do with needing more souplesse in your cadence.

Either way, gorgeous build.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do need more soup, yes

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great looking rig. What cassette is that? Will it last more than a couple hundred miles?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Driven cassette. I have a black one as well I will train on. The gold is for races.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried to read though most of the posts, so I apologize in advance if I've missed a similar discussion. But I'm wanting to build Sram eTap in a 1x11 setup on a Kestrel 400 Frameset I just purchased. I'm a bit sure what crankset and chainring I need? Will any 11sp Sram crankset work and is there any reason to consider the Rival or Force 1x over a 11sp Red or Force 22 crankset? Also do I need to (or is it preferred) use the Sram X-Sync Road 1X Chainring? Lastly, I noticed Srams RED 22 Chain says eTap compatible, their other chains don't mention eTap, so would that also be required?

Thanks..
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SAvan wrote:
Dark Mark,

Please let us know how this holds up under "real world" riding - chain retention / shifting etc.

This is the exact set-up I want to do - I reached out to Jeff Yingling of CS about trying this but he thought it probably wouldn't be good for 1x, due to the lower chain tension using the CS pulley wheel system... That said, he indicated he hadn't seen any bikes with this set-up at the time so was not certain...

What are your thoughts, comments?

I am doing the same build at the moment. I am switching from a Campy mechanical setup with a RalTech oversized pulley system, YNB chain, SRAM 1x narrow/wide chainring, and BBB cassette. This setup was a real Frankenstein combination of parts! I ran it for 6 months with no chain drops. I am thinking/hoping the same holds true when I add the eTap and CS pulley system. You can adjust the CS spring tension to be higher than my old Campy setup, so I am thinking it will be ok
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a super nice build. Love the black and gold. I have one more dumb question for you. I was going through the eTap install instructions and it lists the one bike they same eTap is not compatible with and it happens to be the Shiv TT. SRAM doesn't say why it would be incompatible.

While the TT Shiv has different tube depths to fix the 3:1 issues, I figure it is really close to the Nosecone Shiv. Did you run into any problems with your setup? I figured there could be a chance that the compatibility issue could be the stock rear dropout and derailleur hanger as well, though I think they used the same design on the Transitions as well. Did you ever try running yours without the Absolute Black adapter between the hanger and rear derailleur?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

the front derailleur on my mtn bike/cruiser broke, so I've had this sweet 1x setup for like 10 years:

(the reflector mounted in there is my chain-keeper)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no clue why it would be incompatible. I can't even begin to think of a reason why it would be, but someone more learned might could answer that.

I never tried it without the roadlink. Ceramic Speed thought I would have issues with the roadlink as it were, but it shifts pretty flawlessly as is.

Internet User
Last edited by: Dark Mark: Mar 16, 17 3:46
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too busy watching WI v Villinova game to bother putting on race wheels, take off cage, speed skewers.....

that ring really does not look aero :(

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like mine but a few years newer!

Here's my 2012 P3 with a 52t, 11x32 setup. This was my first ride with the aero jacket and it felt fantastic. As much as I would have loved a newer build I put this entire setup together for under $2k, wheels and everything. As someone with a background primarily in running and swimming, biking fast is frikin awesome.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a great build and for the price, I do not think you could buy more speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recently had a team rider build up his 2017 bike. Zipp 3001 with a bunch of upgrades including our 1x chainring, treated chain, HED J9+ and narrow Q factor cranks. Zipp cockpit to keep everything on brand! :D

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just needs some Zipp wheels and an old Zipp crankset and that would be amazing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next