Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
yep

Any chance you could post pictures of your routing into the nosecone and how you attached the blip box inside?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up removing the housing from the BlipBox and wrapping it in a piece of a swim cap and wrapping tape around that (just happened to have gay zebra on hand). I had to dremel out this odd fairing in the middle of the nose cone, I really do not think it was structural. Running clics on TrigRig extensions and blips under skateboard deck tape on the bull horns. Had to drill into the base bar to run those. I'll get the wires running from the extensions to lay down better once everything is installed. I really wanted to have those run all internally but there really was not a way without compromising the integrity of the base bar. I suppose I can be happy with 2 thin wires exposed.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Grumpier.Mike

Just to let you know that we haven't forgotten the 54! The factory is scheduled to produce this in the next 4-8 weeks. Apologies for not being more specific on the time, we have a huge demand on all types and sizes across road, gravel, CX, MTB. Everyone wants new rings!

Please keep an eye on the website http://www.absoluteblack.cc for updates. I'll do my best to ping you a reminder when they're in stock.

Pass the word.

Cheers,

AB
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Absoluteblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if these Absoluteblack aero 1x rings will work on a new Speed Concept?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Disc brakes, what else do you need to succeed?

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't think of why it wouldn't.... I think the biggest compatibility issue with the aero ring is having a SRAM crank.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, Thanks. Was just wondering since I know it has a wider frame down at the bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark,

Please let us know how this holds up under "real world" riding - chain retention / shifting etc.

This is the exact set-up I want to do - I reached out to Jeff Yingling of CS about trying this but he thought it probably wouldn't be good for 1x, due to the lower chain tension using the CS pulley wheel system... That said, he indicated he hadn't seen any bikes with this set-up at the time so was not certain...

What are your thoughts, comments?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same conversation with Jeff. I've been super busy lately and haven't had time to finish the build but should this weekend and hope to have it out on the road Sunday. Will let you know.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the P5. Just a couple small things to do, but pretty much done.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you live somewhere flat, that chainring looks huge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gotta ask......why are you leaving on the little bolts for nothing(BB, top tube, downtube) cross wind might cause drag :)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Hope you live somewhere flat, that chainring looks huge

58t. Got a 54t for hillier races.

jeffp wrote:
I gotta ask......why are you leaving on the little bolts for nothing(BB, top tube, downtube) cross wind might cause drag :)

Heh, that will all be gone. Need to clean up the brake cable too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
need a stem with a cable stop to lose trig brake hanger and housing as well

but, I cant comment as mine is still waiting to be assembled. waiting on new headset before doing so :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah but there's nothing out there in -17 and I should really be on -20. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig Sigma X is -17 but is 90mm. Looks like you're running a...60mm?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
TriRig Sigma X is -17 but is 90mm. Looks like you're running a...60mm?

Is it? Thought it was -10...
Currently running a 90mm Profile Design Aeria, so might be a good option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your aduro was, but not going to go there, oops, I did ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the build. What extensions are you running. I am thinking of making a change to either the ZIPP 70's or 110's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided to switch over to 1x this year since most of my races are pretty flat. So far so good. Etap is working great. I 'm working on some custom blips to keep things nice and clean.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you mount the blipbox as per TriRig? I would love to see this done on an aero bridge or integrated into a bridge if possible. Look forward to seeing how you do your blips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea lifted the current blip box mounting form TriRig. It's only temporary though.

Funny you mention the aero bridge, my final design is going to mount in on the underside of my custom BTA mount that attaches to the my aero bridge.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
your aduro was, but not going to go there, oops, I did ;)

Heh, if they still did the X-Low then I'd have thought about it.

BMANX wrote:
Love the build. What extensions are you running. I am thinking of making a change to either the ZIPP 70's or 110's

They're 30 degree Drag2Zero bars. Just temporary until the AeroCoach ones are released.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mechanic just called me, this setup is not working. The ramps are popping the chain off. I already have the SRAM cranks and the AbsoluteBlack I am going to throw on, then go up to 54t whenever the hell the come out with it.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks - Yes you will need a NW chainring. Let us know how it goes once you get the AbsoluteBlack chainring on...
Quote Reply

Prev Next